Crown Commercial Service
Update on third party bid management organisations
Over recent months CCS has become aware of the growth in third party organisations offering to write, submit and manage bids for CCS frameworks. Their target market appears to be predominantly SMEs.
CCS has been contacted by a number of suppliers concerned about the claims being made by some of these organisations in their sales approaches and marketing literature.
Therefore, for the avoidance of doubt, CCS can confirm the following:
- Nobody can guarantee bidders a place on a CCS framework
- CCS treats all bidders equally and in line with the published procurement procedures for each framework, the Public Procurement Regulations and Public Law
- CCS avoids engaging in framework discussions with either bidders or third parties outside the published processes
- CCS has introduced additional questions at qualification stage to identify those bidders using a third party to write, submit or manage their bid
- Submission of the bid and the content remain the sole responsibility of the original bidder. It is the responsibility of the original bidder to ensure that appropriate steps are taken to minimise the risk of commercial information being compromised, or anti-competitive practice taking place as a result of third parties managing multiple bids
- If CCS is approached by third parties, claiming to act as agents for (or representatives of) bidders for forthcoming frameworks, we will direct them to take part in the same pre-market engagement events as all other bidders, in order to ensure equal treatment
- Third parties wishing to attend pre-market engagement events, claiming to act as agents for (or representatives of) bidders for forthcoming frameworks, will be required to provide a letter of authority from the bidder concerned, prior to attending
If you would like more information please contact us by email or telephone:
Phone: 0345 410 2222
CCS customer services team is available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Latest News from
Crown Commercial Service
NHS Lancashire Procurement Cluster save £25,000 on permanent recruitment campaign07/07/2020 11:43:00
This case study outlines how our Permanent Recruitment framework helped a customer recruit for roles they were struggling to fill.
Digital Inclusion and Support DPS launches to help online service users06/07/2020 16:48:00
Our new Digital Inclusion and Support Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) has launched for customers.
Time for Change06/07/2020 15:38:00
Blog posted by: Poli Stuart-Lacey, Director of Communications at HM Revenue & Customs, 3 July 2020.
CCS – A helping hand towards Carbon Net Zero within Energy06/07/2020 14:48:00
Finding the right path to work towards Carbon Net Zero is becoming increasing challenging. Read our 3 step guide to start your journey.
Join our apprenticeship training marketplace06/07/2020 09:05:00
Does your university or college offer apprenticeship training? Are you looking to increase your commercial revenue streams?
£105 million to keep rough sleepers safe: how we can help you30/06/2020 14:20:00
CCS are working with MHCLG to support local authorities with their rough sleeper needs.
PPNs: helping your organisation and the UK economy26/06/2020 16:25:00
Payment Solutions Category Lead, Jan Culshaw, offers some thoughts on how to leverage the recent PPNs to benefit your organisation and the UK economy as a whole.
Crown Commercial Service and Google Cloud sign MoU to boost cloud innovation26/06/2020 12:20:00
Crown Commercial Service and Google Cloud have negotiated a new Memorandum of Understand (MoU) to make it easier and more affordable for public sector organisations to use Google Cloud’s services.