World-leading innovations in UK aerospace: ideas for funding
Organisations can propose projects that develop smarter, more energy-efficient technologies that advance the UK aerospace industry.
Organisations can submit an express an interest with their ideas for innovative aerospace design and manufacture.
There is up to £150 million available across the year in a series of regular calls. The best applications will then be invited to apply for grant funding.
The investment is part of a £3.9 billion programme between government and industry that aims to maintain and grow the UK’s leading position in civil aerospace.
Innovate UK works with the Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy to coordinate and manage the programme.
A more competitive aerospace industry
Funding in this competition is for industry-led research or capital investment projects.
Projects should look to:
- strengthen whole-aircraft design and system integration in the UK
- build smart, connected technologies and more electrified aircraft
- develop the UK as a global leader in large, complex aviation structures, especially wings
- develop new propulsion technologies, for example, large turbofans
Businesses need to align their projects with the aerospace technology strategy.
- the competition opens on 7 January 2019, and the deadline for expressions of interest is at midday on 23 January 2019
- depending on the project type, UK-based business, research and technology organisations and academic organisations can be the lead
- businesses could attract up to 70% of their eligible project costs
- applicants must sign up to the ATI framework agreement
- projects need to demonstrate that their expected costs and timescales are in proportion with their objectives
Latest News from
Supporting healthy and active later life: apply for funding20/09/2019 11:10:00
Organisations can apply for a share of £40 million to develop ideas that could help people to enjoy healthier and more active lives in older age.
Take a game-changing idea to market: apply for an innovation loan18/09/2019 09:10:00
Small businesses can apply for loans of up to £1 million to help them turn their game-changing ideas into new products, processes or services.
Healthy low-fat insect and plant protein launched in Wales17/09/2019 15:37:00
SBRI-supported Bug Farm Foods has developed VEXo, a protein that can be used like minced meat, at its new R&D facility in St David’s.
Supporting healthy and active later life: apply for funding17/09/2019 09:10:00
Organisations can apply for a share of £37.5 million to develop ideas that could help people to enjoy healthier and more active lives in older age.
Developing affordable urban heat networks - apply for funding12/09/2019 09:20:00
SBRI competition inviting businesses to develop lower cost heating and water infrastructure in Wales
Transforming lives in developing countries: apply for funding05/09/2019 10:05:00
Organisations can apply for a share of up to £9.3 million to trial innovations that tackle global societal challenges in low-income and emerging economies.
Improving safety and security on railways: apply for contracts05/09/2019 09:05:00
Organisations can apply for a share of £3 million for projects that develop automated examination of tunnels or use analytics to improve station security.
Improving data access for service sector: apply for funding29/08/2019 09:10:00
Projects can apply for a share of £3.5 million to speed up use of artificial intelligence and data technologies in accountancy, insurance and legal services.