World-leading innovations in UK aerospace: ideas for funding
Organisations can propose projects that develop smarter, more energy-efficient technologies that advance the UK aerospace industry.
Organisations can submit an express an interest with their ideas for innovative aerospace design and manufacture.
There is up to £150 million available across the year in a series of regular calls. The best applications will then be invited to apply for grant funding.
The investment is part of a £3.9 billion programme between government and industry that aims to maintain and grow the UK’s leading position in civil aerospace.
Innovate UK works with the Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy to coordinate and manage the programme.
A more competitive aerospace industry
Funding in this competition is for industry-led research or capital investment projects.
Projects should look to:
- strengthen whole-aircraft design and system integration in the UK
- build smart, connected technologies and more electrified aircraft
- develop the UK as a global leader in large, complex aviation structures, especially wings
- develop new propulsion technologies, for example, large turbofans
Businesses need to align their projects with the aerospace technology strategy.
- the competition opens on 7 January 2019, and the deadline for expressions of interest is at midday on 23 January 2019
- depending on the project type, UK-based business, research and technology organisations and academic organisations can be the lead
- businesses could attract up to 70% of their eligible project costs
- applicants must sign up to the ATI framework agreement
- projects need to demonstrate that their expected costs and timescales are in proportion with their objectives
Latest News from
Take on the biggest healthcare challenges: apply for funding17/01/2019 16:10:00
UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £10 million to develop technologies, products and processes that could offer better outcomes for patients.
New investment for businesses to tackle ocean plastics crisis14/01/2019 09:20:00
Up to £6 million in simultaneous grant and private investment is on offer to UK businesses with innovative solutions to reduce pollution in the world's oceans.
UK takes centre stage in immersive entertainment revolution11/01/2019 11:10:00
New projects will use £18 million funding to create cutting-edge immersive experiences in sports entertainment, visitor experience and live performance.
Making sense of business regulations: apply for contracts09/01/2019 15:15:15
Organisations can apply for a share of up to £1.25 million to help the government find innovative ways to rationalise complex business regulations.
Disruptive, high-impact aerospace technologies: apply for funding07/01/2019 09:20:00
Organisations can get grants to develop game-changing solutions to UK aerospace challenges and bring forward the flight technologies of the future.
Future vehicles powered by low carbon tech: apply for funding18/12/2018 12:20:00
Organisations can apply for a share of up to £20 million for collaborative projects that significantly reduce emissions and build the UK supply chain.
Collaborate to innovate: funding for business-academic projects14/12/2018 14:10:00
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships can make a business more competitive by uniting them with a university or research organisation and a qualified graduate.
Innovation loan recipient Callaly wins coveted industry award14/12/2018 09:10:00
Period product company scooped the title for its novel menstruation product, the Tampliner.