World-leading innovations in UK aerospace: ideas for funding
Organisations can propose projects that develop smarter, more energy-efficient technologies that advance the UK aerospace industry.
Organisations can submit an express an interest with their ideas for innovative aerospace design and manufacture.
There is up to £150 million available across the year in a series of regular calls. The best applications will then be invited to apply for grant funding.
The investment is part of a £3.9 billion programme between government and industry that aims to maintain and grow the UK’s leading position in civil aerospace.
Innovate UK works with the Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy to coordinate and manage the programme.
A more competitive aerospace industry
Funding in this competition is for industry-led research or capital investment projects.
Projects should look to:
- strengthen whole-aircraft design and system integration in the UK
- build smart, connected technologies and more electrified aircraft
- develop the UK as a global leader in large, complex aviation structures, especially wings
- develop new propulsion technologies, for example, large turbofans
Businesses need to align their projects with the aerospace technology strategy.
- the competition opens on 7 January 2019, and the deadline for expressions of interest is at midday on 23 January 2019
- depending on the project type, UK-based business, research and technology organisations and academic organisations can be the lead
- businesses could attract up to 70% of their eligible project costs
- applicants must sign up to the ATI framework agreement
- projects need to demonstrate that their expected costs and timescales are in proportion with their objectives
Latest News from
Evaluating medical innovations: apply for funding17/04/2019 12:25:00
Organisations can apply for a share of £1.5 million to help evaluate medical devices in real-world clinical settings.
Transforming UK aerospace: funding for projects16/04/2019 14:20:00
Projects that could strengthen the UK aerospace industry through new technologies are invited to participate in a regular competition.
Four leading edge demonstrators to jumpstart energy revolution04/04/2019 09:10:00
Managing energy though machine learning and new lithium ion battery storage are among the 4 innovative projects announced yesterday.
£9m awarded to breakthrough digital health technologies29/03/2019 15:25:00
Patients to benefit from AI, machine learning and hand-held devices as newly-funded digital projects by pioneering companies point to future of healthcare
Next step in photonic technologies: apply for funding28/03/2019 09:10:00
Organisations can apply for a share of £2 million to develop advanced photonic technologies in international partnerships.
Innovate UK welcomes global firm to Cell & Gene Catapult centre27/03/2019 09:10:00
TCR2 Therapeutics will become the first international organisation to work with the Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult manufacturing centre.
Monitoring housing for better health: apply for funding26/03/2019 09:15:00
Organisations can apply for a share of £1.25 million to develop new ways to monitor domestic heat and energy.
Creating the 5G network: apply for funding19/03/2019 14:10:00
Businesses can apply for a share of £1 million for international partnerships that will help develop 5G internet connectivity.