Household customer complaints report published
Our annual report examining and comparing the performance of water companies in England and Wales for household customer written complaints has been published.
The key findings include:
- 14 out of 19 companies received fewer written complaints from their customers than the previous year.
- Unresolved disputes escalated to CCW also reached their lowest level for more than a decade as fewer customers felt the need to turn to us for help.
- Progress as a whole across the industry would have been even greater had it not been for the poor performance on written complaints of Thames Water and Southern Water.
- Disputes over bills remain the biggest cause of concern for customers.
- Wastewater services rose for a fourth successive year, this time by a quarter.
- CCW is working on a one-stop shop for mediation and adjudication of customer complaints, which will be in place by October 2023.
You can read the full data report below
Latest News from
Busting 6 myths about hosepipe bans18/08/2022 15:20:00
With hosepipe bans taking effect in some parts of England and Wales, our senior director Mike Keil dispels some of the more common myths surrounding the use of these restrictions.
Changing habits for a changing climate – coping better when things get hot08/08/2022 16:20:00
Literally hot topics at the moment are droughts and heatwaves. But what are they and what do they mean for us?
Renewed urgency needed to bolster financial support for struggling water customers27/07/2022 13:10:00
Efforts to end the postcode lottery of support for households struggling to afford their water bill must succeed amid growing pressure on customers’ finances.
How to keep your garden healthy in the heat21/07/2022 12:20:00
Our gardens are special to so many of us, whether they are a place of relaxation or a place to potter, prune, and plant. However, given the current weather, it’s worth considering how to avoid exhaustion while best serving your garden.
CCW responds to the Environment Agency’s Environmental Performance Assessment18/07/2022 12:20:00
The Environment Agency recently (14 July 2022) released its annual report on the environmental performance of England’s nine water and sewerage companies.
Complaints from businesses fall but water market remains hampered by poorer performers13/07/2022 13:10:00
Complaints from business customers about their water supplier have fallen but the gap between the best and worst performers continues to widen.
Water sector moves closer to easing water bill worries for millions of households08/07/2022 12:20:00
Long-term relief for millions of households that struggle to afford their water bill is within the water sector’s grasp if it continues to unite behind efforts to strengthen support for customers.
CCW statement on South West Water enforcement case28/06/2022 16:20:00
CCW has warned of a betrayal of customers’ trust after South West Water joined a list of six sewerage companies facing the threat of enforcement action over their management of wastewater treatment plants.