techUK Supercharging Innovation Week 2023
The technology and innovation programme is excited to host its innovation campaign week, as part of the Supercharging Innovation campaign, between the 18th-22nd September #SuperchargeUKtech
Welcome to techUK's Supercharging Innovation Week!
During this week, techUK members will explore the emerging and transformative technologies at the heart of UK research and innovation. This week has been designed to investigate how to leverage the UK's strengths and push forward the application and commercialisation of these technologies, highlighting best practice from academia, industry and Government that is enabling success. As the trade association for UK technology, techUK is well positioned to explore how key emerging technologies can help deliver strategic advantage to the UK, while advocating for their sustainable, equitable and ethical application.
The technologies we will be featuring this week are:
- Monday: Quantum Commercialisation: How do we action the UK Quantum Strategy to develop a world-pioneering quantum economy?
- Tuesday: Web 3.0 and Metaverse Technologies: How can we foster responsible innovation in the Metaverse and Web 3.0 to Supercharge the UK Tech Landscape?
- Wednesday: Emerging space technologies: What steps can the UK take to become a superpower across a broad spectrum of emerging and transformative space technologies? (Industries of the Future: Space webinar here)
- Thursday: Applied AI, semiconductors and the future of compute: How do we get next-generation and innovative application right? (Future Visions: AI and Semiconductors webinar here)
- Friday: Supercharging UK tech: What ingredients are needed to supercharge the UK as a globally competitive pioneer in applied research and innovation? (please note that this should have a policy angle)
Latest News from
Taskforce for Nature Related Financial Disclosures (TNFD) publishes 14 Disclosure Recommendations20/09/2023 15:20:00
TNFD disclosures mean new compliance challenge for the tech sector; here is how to get started
AI Safety Summit Hub20/09/2023 14:20:00
Welcome to the techUK's AI Safety Summit Hub! Check back here to receive the latest developments on the UK's AI Safety Summit, relevant events and activities being run by techUK, and some insights from our members to help inform the discussion.
techUK comments on Smart Infrastructure Pilots Programme (SIPP) winner announcement20/09/2023 12:20:00
The Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) has today announced which towns and cities are set to receive funding, as part of a £1.4 million pilot to test next-generation digital infrastructure.
techUK welcomes Transport Select Committee’s call to legislate for self-driving vehicles15/09/2023 11:25:00
techUK welcomes the House of Commons Transport Select Committee’s call to pass to create the regulatory and legal framework for self-driving vehicles in the UK.
techUK statement on the Online Safety Bill14/09/2023 13:05:00
techUK statement given recently on the Online Safety Bill.
How does the tech sector in the North compare with the South? And is the Midlands more than just the middle? The techUK Local Digital Index 2023 may have the answer.13/09/2023 16:10:00
The future of work, training, care, communication, public services, commerce, research, innovation and trade will all rely on, and be impacted by technology and the tech sector. It is the backbone of the UK economy.
techUK launches The Five Point Plan for CareTech13/09/2023 09:20:00
techUK’s latest report, published yesterday [12 September] addresses the urgent need for technological advancements in the adult social care sector, offering a blueprint for revolutionising care provision and delivery across the UK.
Supporting End Digital Poverty Day12/09/2023 13:05:00
Today (12 September 2023) marks #EndDigitalPovertyDay and techUK is proud to support.
Vision for Economic Growth - a Roadmap to Prosperity11/09/2023 11:05:00
techUK's CEO, Julian David, was asked by the Lord Mayor of London to join an expert panel who would deliver a blueprint for how the financial and professional services sectors can be supported to deliver shared economic growth. Now published, this blueprint feature five key outcomes supported by 9 'big moves' or commitments/calls to action