Access Partnership publishes Tech Policy Trends in 2021 report
15 Jan 2021 01:07 PM
Access Partnership, the global public policy consultancy for the tech sector, has released its Tech Policy Trends in 2021. Following the accurate predictions of their previous Trends publications, the report focusses on issues germane to the moment, including protecting an open Internet, competition with China, COVID-19’s acceleration of digital transformation, and optimizing data governance, security and privacy.
The ten topics framed in Access Partnership’s Tech Policy Trends in 2021 include:
- COVID-19’s effects on accelerating digital transformation across industries
- Rapid and sustained innovation that drives climate action to achieve net zero emissions
- Testing social justice commitments for sincerity
- Collaboration and leveraging multilateralism to address the China challenge
- Frictionless data storage
- Shaping competition processes as global antitrust takes centre stage
- Shifting the intermediary liability regime through the Digital Services Act and Section 230
- Regulators eye e-commerce giants, as they extend their reach into more markets
- OpenRAN goes mainstream with the rollout of 5G
- Network virtualization’s scalability drives a new era of telecom frameworks
The full report, with detailed analysis on each of these 10 topics, can be read here.