Brexit readiness fund extended to help businesses to prepare
2 Oct 2019 10:21 AM
Application deadline extended and an extra £5 million available to help businesses prepare for Brexit on 31 October.
- Up to an additional £5 million is being made available to support trade associations and other business organisations in helping businesses prepare for Brexit
- funds will support business representative organisations in working with businesses across the UK to understand the steps they should now take to be ready for 31 October 2019
- business organisations will have extra time to apply for funding
Additional funding is being made available to business organisations and trade associations throughout the UK, to support events, training and the production of advice packs to assist businesses in making sure they are fully prepared for Brexit on 31 October 2019.
Up to an extra £5 million is being made available through the Business Readiness Fund – taking the total up to £15 million.
The deadline for applications is being extended by a week, to Monday 7 October.
Activities funded by the grants must be open to both members and non-members, and to businesses large and small preparing for Brexit on 31 October. This will ensure all businesses will benefit and can be reassured that they are fully ready, from major British producers to the smallest tech startups and entrepreneurs. There will be no barriers, such as affordability of membership.
Applications for grants are being administered through a dedicated website. Funding will have to be used on activities to be completed ahead of 31 October 2019 in order to ensure they are focused on Brexit preparations and that our businesses are fully prepared for Brexit day.
The fund will be open to business organisations, trade associations, chambers of commerce, chartered institutes and other professional membership bodies with a significant membership.
Applications are invited for practical advice and support, including (but not limited to): advice packs; information campaigns; webinars; podcasts; events or training workshops.
Activities supported by the fund must:
- be delivered in their entirety by 31 October 2019
- be additional to those activities already in delivery or planned to be delivered
- be made available to all businesses in the sector or geographical area and cannot be restricted to an organisation’s members or subscribers
- be free (non-chargeable) to businesses
- not create a competitive advantage to certain businesses
- proposed initiatives will be required to deliver their intended impact by 31 October 2019, and this will be subject to government scrutiny
The funding forms part of the £108 million recently announced by HM Treasury to promote and support businesses in ensuring they are ready for Brexit, including a national programme of business readiness and helping exporters to prepare for, and capitalise on, new opportunities.
The minimum bid size remains £25,000, with consortia welcome to apply.