Corona Virus outbreak: Flights from China
6 Feb 2020 11:54 AM
Details of the second evacuation flight from Wuhan and scheduled flights from the rest of mainland China.
Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all travel to Hubei Province and all but essential travel to the rest of mainland China (not including Hong Kong and Macao).
If you are in China and able to leave, you should do so. The elderly and those with pre-existing medical conditions may be at heightened risk.
Second evacuation plane to depart Wuhan on Sunday
The FCO will charter a second civilian aircraft to help British nationals and their dependants leave Wuhan for the UK. The charter flight is expected to leave in the early hours of Sunday morning local time (9 February) to land at RAF Brize Norton.
If you are a British national in Hubei province and want to leave on the flight, contact our 24/7 number +86 (0) 10 8529 6600, or the FCO in London on (+44) (0)207 008 1500.
If you are a British national living elsewhere in mainland China, there are a number of airlines operating scheduled flights.
At the time of publication, the following airlines are operating flights to the UK.
- Air China from Chengdu and Beijing Capital to Heathrow and Shanghai Pudong to Gatwick
- China Southern Airlines from Guangzhou, Zhengzhou, Sanya, and Chongqing to Heathrow
- Tianjin Airlines from Chongqing and Xi’an Xianyang to Heathrow
- Hainan Airlines from Changsha to Heathrow
- Beijing Capital Airlines from Qingdao to Heathrow
- China Eastern Airlines from Shanghai to Heathrow and Gatwick
- Shenzhen Airlines from Shenzhen to Heathrow
It may become harder to access departure options over the coming weeks.
Keep up to date with the latest China travel advice and sign up to email alerts.
FCO travel advice remains under constant review to ensure it reflects our latest assessment of risks to British people. Find more information about how we put FCO travel advice together and make decisions on advising against travel in our travel advice guidance.