DCMS ministerial team confirmed
17 Feb 2020 03:21 PM
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) has welcomed a number of new and returning ministers, following appointments made by Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
The Rt Hon Oliver Dowden CBE MP, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
The Secretary of State has overall responsibility for strategy and policy across the department and management of Brexit for the department.
Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport and Office for Civil Society
Caroline Dinenage MP, Minister of State for Digital and Culture:
- Online Harms and Security
- Digital and Tech Policy including Digital Skills
- Creative Industries
- Arts and Libraries
- Museums and Cultural Property
- Festival of Britain
John Whittingdale OBE MP, Minister of State for Media and Data:
- Oversight of EU negotiations
- Overall international strategy including approach to future trade deals
- Data and the National Archives
- Public Appointments
Matt Warman MP: Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Digital Infrastructure:
- Broadband Delivery UK (BDUK)
- Gigabit delivery programme
- Mobile coverage
- Telecoms supply chain
- Cyber Security
Nigel Huddleston MP: Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Sport, Tourism and Heritage:
- Commonwealth Games
- Gambling and Lotteries
- Tourism and Heritage
- Lead Secondary Legislation Minister (including EU Exit SIs)
Baroness Barran MBE: DCMS Lords Minister, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Civil Society and DCMS
- All DCMS business in the House of Lords
- Youth and Social Action
- Office for Civil Society
View official Ministerial images on the DCMS Flickr site.
Full list of new ministerial and government appointments: February 2020.