Developing 5G networks across the globe: apply for funding
24 Sep 2019 01:25 PM
Businesses can apply for a share of £2 million to work with overseas partners on innovative 5G infrastructure projects and potential new 5G services.
The CELTIC-NEXT programme supports innovative business research and development of the next generation of telecommunications services.
It is part of the EUREKA inter-governmental network that promotes innovation across national borders in Europe and beyond.
Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, has up to £2 million from the CELTIC-NEXT programme to support UK companies working with partners in this country and overseas on new 5G technologies.
5G is the next generation of mobile networks. It could be 100 times faster than 4G and opens the possibility of many new products and services across large areas of the economy that were not possible before.
Find out more about CELTIC-NEXT
Take part in international 5G programme
The competition aims to help UK organisations to work with others on an international programme to develop new 5G infrastructure and services.
Projects could include:
- development of innovative 5G infrastructure technologies that use artificial intelligence
- applications and services that use 5G to offer new or improved user experiences
- 5G features in satellites or 5G applications and services that use satellites
Applications and services must focus on 1 or more of the Internet of Things, the tactile internet, mission critical applications, infotainment and immersive technologies.
- the competition opens on 14 October 2019, and the deadline for applications is at midday UK time on 11 December 2019
- businesses of any size may apply
- projects must include at least 1 UK SME and at least 1 organisation from a EUREKA country
- projects must submit a CELTIC proposal before applying to the competition
- we expect projects to range in size between £400,000 and £2.5 million
- a London briefing event will be held on 10 October 2019
Find out more about this competition and apply.