External Digital Panel established to aid public services
23 Nov 2018 12:14 PM
A new panel has been established to provide both advice and challenge on improving public services through the better use of digital technologies, Leader of the House with responsibility for digital Julie James has announced.
Lee Waters AM is leading the establishment of the external Digital Panel with the aim of helping improve the delivery of public services in Wales through better use of digital technologies.
The panel will help to shape the next steps towards improving the way we use digital as well as providing external advice and challenge for the Welsh public sector.
Julie James recently said:
“The last two decades have seen huge changes in the way digital technology has touched our lives. From online banking to the provision of news; from the growth of social media to shopping and healthcare, the way we work and play continues to be transformed.
“As a Welsh Government it is crucial we are using our devolved powers to support our communities, our businesses and our public services to react, to adapt and to take advantage of new opportunities.
“I am pleased to establish this panel which will provide advice and challenge public services.”
Membership of the panel is as follows:
- Lee Waters AM – Assembly Member for Llanelli with a keen interest in the potential of technology across the public sector and Wales more generally.
- Anne Marie Cunningham – GP and associate medical director. Active campaigner for social justice, sustainable healthcare and digital transformation.
- Victoria Ford – director at Perago with expertise in change, communications and engagement.
- Paul Matthews – CEO of Monmouthshire Council and visiting professor at Cardiff University.
- Mark Wardle – consultant neurologist and clinical informatician. Chair of NHS Wales Technical Standards Board.
- Dominic Campbell – interim CDO of Homes England and founder of FutureGov. Digital government specialist.
- Sally Meecham - Digital, Data and Technology expert at UK Research and Innovation. She has experience in digital transformation as CDO at Defra and COO at GDS.