June 2019 Price Paid Data
26 Jul 2019 12:16 PM
HM Land Registry Price Paid Data tracks land and property sales in England and Wales submitted to us for registration.
In June 2019:
- the most expensive property sold was in Kensington and Chelsea for £25,975,000
- the cheapest properties sold were in Burnley, Bishop Auckland, Ferryhill and Sunderland for £20,000
- the most expensive commercial sale was in Liverpool for £45,427,079
- the cheapest commercial sales were in Barking, Harlow and Kensington and Chelsea for £100
- there was a 25.4% increase in newbuilds compared to June 2018
Of the 81,742 sales received for registration 22,948 took place in June 2019 of which:
- 424 were of residential properties in England and Wales for £1 million and over
- 236 were of residential properties in Greater London for £1 million and over
- 3 were of residential properties in West Midlands for more than £1 million
- 2 were of residential properties in Greater Manchester for more than £1 million
- 2 were of residential properties in Wales for more than £1 million
The number of sales received for registration by property type and month
Of the 81,742 sales received for registration in June 2019:
- 62,331 were freehold, a 3% decrease on June 2018
- 10,952 were newly built, a 25.4% increase on June 2018
This month’s Price Paid Data includes details of more than 81,500 sales of land and property in England and Wales that HM Land Registry received for registration in June 2019.
There is a time difference between the sale of a property and its registration at HM Land Registry.
Access the full dataset
In the dataset you can find the date of sale for each property, its full address and sale price, its category (residential or commercial) and type (detached, semi-detached, terraced, flat or maisonette and other), whether or not it is new build and whether it is freehold or leasehold.
- Price Paid Data is published at 11am on the 20th working day of each month. The next dataset will be published on 29 August 2019.
- Price Paid Data is property price data for all residential and commercial property sales in England and Wales that are lodged with HM Land Registry for registration in that month, subject to exclusions.
- The amount of time between the sale of a property and the registration of this information with HM Land Registry varies. It typically ranges between 2 weeks and 2 months. Data for the 2 most recent months is therefore incomplete and does not give an indication of final monthly volumes. Occasionally the interval between sale and registration is longer than two months. The small number of sales affected cannot be updated for publication until the sales are lodged for registration.
- Price Paid Data categories are either Category A (Standard entries) which includes single residential properties sold for full market value or Category B (Additional entries) for example sales to a company, buy-to-lets where they can be identified by a mortgage and repossessions.
- HM Land Registry has been collecting information on Category A sales from January 1995 and on Category B sales from October 2013.
- Price Paid Data can be downloaded in text, CSV format and in a machine readable format as linked data and is released under Open Government Licence (OGL). Under the OGL, HM Land Registry permits the use of Price Paid Data for commercial or non-commercial purposes. However, the OGL does not cover the use of third party rights, which HM Land Registry is not authorised to license.
- The Price Paid Data report builder allows users to build bespoke reports using the data. Reports can be based on location, estate type, price paid or property type over a defined period of time.
- HM Land Registry’s mission is to guarantee and protect property rights in England and Wales.
- HM Land Registry is a government department created in 1862. It operates as an executive agency and a trading fund and its running costs are covered by the fees paid by the users of its services. Its ambition is to become the world’s leading land registry for speed, simplicity and an open approach to data.
- HM Land Registry safeguards land and property ownership valued at £7 trillion, enabling more than £1 trillion worth of personal and commercial lending to be secured against property across England and Wales.
- For further information about HM Land Registry visit www.gov.uk/land-registry.
- Follow us on Twitter, our blog, LinkedIn and Facebook.
1 Bedford Park
Phone (Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm) 0300 006 3365
Mobile (5.30pm to 8.30am weekdays, all weekend and public holidays) 07864 689 344