New free bid writing critical friend service
8 Jul 2020 03:10 PM
Good Things Foundation is providing a new Critical Friend service to support members of the Online Centres Network who are applying for one of the various Covid-19 response funding opportunities that have opened in recent weeks.
What is the Critical Friend service?
There have been various Covid-19 related funding opportunities made available recently and we want to support you to apply for this funding, whether you are bidding for devices and connectivity or something else.
This is an additional one-to-one support offer, which can be used alongside our database of funding opportunities, our practical tips guide, and our other bid writing support webinars and fundraising surgeries.
This impartial service is provided by Sally Deith and Kate Drewitt:
- Sally Deith has taught the OCN Award and the OCN Certificate in Community Development for Calderdale MBC’s Adult Learning Department, and has delivered a range of courses, both face-to-face and online, for fit4funding, specialising in funding-related training.
- Kate is currently working with Good Things Foundation to fundraise for the DevicesDotNow programme - she has experience of raising money from trusts and foundations, government and corporates.
This is an exclusive free offer for members of the Online Centres network.
As a Critical Friend, Sally or Kate will check your draft funding application for the following:
- Correct spelling and grammar
- Language used
- If your project outline or idea is clearly communicated
- Whether all application questions have been answered fully and clearly and are relevant to the funder
Once your application has been checked, you will receive a copy with feedback by email and then have a short telephone call to discuss. You will have the opportunity to submit your application for a second review, with feedback by email.
- This offer has limited availability so please apply as soon as you are able.
- We cannot guarantee your application will be successful by using this service.
- Participants in this offer will be asked to complete an impact survey within 12 months of receiving the training.
How do you take up this offer?
Please complete this short form to be considered for this support. The Critical Friend service will be provided on a first come first served basis and your application will be triaged by the Network Team.
If your application is successful, we will introduce you to Sally Deith or Kate Drewitt by email. We will ask you to submit your draft bid stating the funding deadline along with your contact details and any guidance document. We will then agree review dates with you to ensure that you can submit your bid in a timely manner.
If you’ve got any questions about this offer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01142 349 1666. We hope you take advantage of this great opportunity.