OS MasterMap Highways enhanced with local authority data
20 Oct 2017 01:55 PM
The October 2017 release of Highways will be enhanced with more detailed Local Highway Authority street data.
Users will be able to take advantage of the following new features:
Local Highway Authority sourced data enhancements
- Street – new status value 'Addressing Only'
- Additional values for the attributes Maintenance Responsibility and Special Designation
- A network reference location will now allow for polygon and line geometry to identify a features location.
General OS MasterMap Highways enhancements
- The heighted 'z' value has been improved for structures such as bridges
- New schema for Highways Dedication, upgraded from v2.0 to v2.1 which enables the new maintenance values and new geometry types for network referencing.
- The Trans European Transport Network (TEN-T) will be supplied as a supplementary look up file
This is in addition to the new features introduced in May 2017 which included; transforming the network to become a heighted product with 3D coordinates and indicative road widths to assist with further road analytics. OS MasterMap Highways Network is now easier to access with its introduction to the OS Online Portal and includes the ability to order a Change Only Update.