Open call for sponsors and partners for the Commonwealth Summit 2018
5 Sep 2017 12:16 PM
DIT is looking for sponsors and partners to help deliver the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in April 2018.
During the week of 16 April 2018, the UK will host the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting . The week will begin with a series of forum events - with a focus on the themes of business, people (civic society), young people and women - and will culminate with meetings of the Commonwealth Heads of Government. The week will see leaders from more than 50 Commonwealth countries and over 10,000 people attending a series of events, mainly in London. The Department for International Trade is looking for sponsors and partners to help deliver a truly vibrant summit.
The Commonwealth is made up of 52 members spanning 6 continents with a combined population of around 2.4 billion people, almost half of whom are under 25. The network includes established economies, as well as a number of developing and emerging markets.
Under this backdrop, CHOGM will present a unique opportunity to build on the proud, global relationships that we have forged with these nations, and to reaffirm our shared values. It will also help to re-energise and revitalise the Commonwealth, to cement its relevance to future generations, strengthening our collective partnerships.
Benefits of CHOGM sponsorship for companies
Sponsorship offers a truly unique platform for companies to:
- gain commercial exposure through a strategically important international event
- showcase the very best of their brand and its relevance to the Commonwealth nations
- align with the key objectives of the summit week and its underpinning values
- reach out to key consumers, including young people
Packages available to companies
Packages available to businesses span direct financial and / or value in kind support in the form of a free product or service, predominantly for the forums and associated events. Whilst all ideas for sponsorship would be welcome, some of the specific areas where we are seeking expressions of interest for value in kind support are:
- catering, including food and beverage products
- involvement in, or the hosting of, lunch and evening receptions
- gifts for delegations and attendees
- cultural evenings and exhibitions
- hospitality, including accommodation for some of the delegates
- equipment, transport and technology, to support the event
Contact for expressions of interest
Any company wanting to register an expression of interest should contact Steven Anderson, Head of Sponsorship and Partnerships, Department for International Trade.
Contact Steven via email: Steven.Anderson@mobile.trade.gov.uk or telephone: 0207 215 4105, by 30 September.