Podcast: International Women’s Day
9 Mar 2020 03:28 PM
Blog posted by: GDS team, 09 March 2020 – Categories: People and skills, Podcast.
Click here for the podcast
International Womens’ Day (IWD) is celebrated worldwide on 8 March. For 2020, the theme is about equality: “An equal world is an enabled world. How will you help forge a gender equal world? Celebrate women's achievement. Raise awareness against bias. Take action for equality”.
To mark IWD at the Government Digital Service (GDS), we interviewed 9 people from across the organisation for March’s episode of the GDS Podcast. We asked 3 questions based on IWD’s theme:
- Which woman inspires you in digital government and why?
- Can you tell a story of gender equality in the workplace?
- What will you do this year to make GDS a better workplace for women?
We spoke to:
- Laura Flannery, Senior Product Manager
- Jennifer Marks, Digital Delivery Advisor
- Eliška Copland, Security Analyst
- Leena Taha, Senior Content Designer
- Jen Allum, Head of GOV.UK
- Joanna Blackburn, Deputy Director of Strategy and Engagement
- Charlotte Downs, Graphic Designer
- Liz Lutgendorff, Senior Research Analyst
- Sanwar Boparai, Executive Assistant
Hear their responses by listening to the GDS Podcast on IWD.
You can subscribe to the GDS podcast on Apple Music, Spotify and all other major podcast platforms.
You can read a transcript of the podcast on Podbean.
GDS and the gender pay gap