Speakers announced for FSA social science event
10 Oct 2019 10:59 AM
Symposium of Social Science speaker line-up announced.
We are pleased to announce the speaker line-up for our annual Symposium of Social Science in Cardiff on Monday 4 November.
The event is part of the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Festival of Social Science.
Our focus for the event this year will be on innovation and the changing world, whether that be social, technological or methodological, and some of the work underway to better understand the future implications for food and food regulation.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Rhian Hayward MBE, Aberystwyth University
- Professor David Lloyd, Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Professor Rick Mumford, Director of Science, FSA
- Michelle Patel, Head of Social Science, FSA
- Professor Guy Poppy, University of Southampton and Chief Scientific Adviser to the FSA
- Marcus Venton, Durham University
- Professor Lorraine Whitmarsh, Cardiff University
The event will offer an excellent opportunity for anyone in the social science or policy making community to hear about how social science directly informs real life policy making in a government context.
As well as learning about the work and priorities of the FSA, funding opportunities and emerging ideas, it is also a networking opportunity to put you in touch with experts from academia, industry and policy.
This is a free event, but please register by 25 October at the link below as places are limited:
Symposium of Social Science, 4 November 2019, Cardiff Marriott Hotel