The new GCS website: redesigned with you in mind
1 Jun 2020 11:50 AM
I’m delighted to announce the launch of the newly designed Government Communication Service (GCS) website today, 1 June 2020.
It is the centre of the best professional practice in public service communication. We’ve listened to what you want from the website and have created a new easy to navigate, accessible digital product.
We, in the GCS, are passionate about developing the capabilities, skills and competencies of all our government communicators to better serve our country.
With this in mind, our goals for this new, improved website are to:
- provide communication professionals with an easier way to learn about our professional standards and best practices
- help you build your skills and develop your career with learning and development resources made specifically for you
- provide a place for you to find your next role in government communication
- keep you up-to-date with the latest news and stories from across the GCS
New features on the site include:
- the Academy – a new, easier way to learn about the communication disciplines in the ‘Modern Communication Operating Model 2.0’, with free resources to help you develop as a Government Communicator
- new webinars on-demand, for GCS members
- a courses and events page that offers a listing and easy registration of all our online courses, webinars and comms exchange events, integrated with EventBrite
- professional guidance – a new resource to find all the professional standards, guides and communication best practices
- new communication jobs feature on the homepage, with an ‘easy to apply’ link to Civil Service Jobs
- improved career pages highlighting our development programmes
- a completely redesigned and streamlined user experience
The new web strategy is to work more closely with heads of disciplines to own their topics: to commit to content review, to create blog posts, news stories and case studies; to become trainers for courses; and deliver webinars.
We will continue to update our content with helpful information, cutting-edge campaigns and communications announcements. You can also sign up for our GCS Monthly newsletter.
We value your feedback highly on this new site – it is your site, made with you in mind. So if you have any questions, suggestions, feedback or comments, please contact the Professional Development team at GCS@cabinetoffice.gov.uk.
Alex Aiken, Executive Director of Government Communication in the Cabinet Office