Annual Reports

BISLord Davies of Abersoch has published the first annual progress report on his review of Women on Boards.  Cranfield School of Management’s Female FTSE report, also published last week, notes that should current momentum be maintained, a record 26.7% female board representation in FTSE 100 companies would be achieved by 2015.
Press release ~ Lord Davies’s Review of Women on Boards ~ Cranfield Female FTSE100 report (2012)
 
HEFCE:  The higher education sector is facing a period of significant change over the next few years, as new arrangements for teaching funding are introduced.  However, it does so from a position of financial strength, according to the Higher Education Funding Council England, which has published a review of HE sector finances.
Press release & links
 
Monitor: Monitor has published its review of NHS foundation trust performance for the third quarter of 2011/12.
Press release & links
 
DH: A New Children’s Health Services Atlas shines a light on differences in care.  The NHS Atlas of Variation in Healthcare for Children and Young People maps out the variation in healthcare for 27 different child health issues across England.
Press release ~ NHE Atlas of Variation in Healthcare for Children and Young People
 
DWP: There are further signs that the labour market is stabilising despite the tough economic climate, according to new figures published by the Office for National Statistics last week. Although unemployment showed a rise of 28,000 compared to the previous quarter, it was 5,000 below the headline figure published last month.
 
Unemployment in the UK remains below the European Union average while employment remains above the EU average. While ILO unemployment is 8.4% in the UK, it is 10% in France, 23.3% in Spain and 10.1% across the EU as a whole.
Press release ~ PCS union comment ~ Work Foundation comment ~ CBI comment ~ TUC comment ~ ScotGov: Labour market statistics ~ Related ScotGov press release ~ CIPD comment ~ IPPR: Think tank urges focus on Northern economic potential for full UK recovery ~ IPPR: Unemployment hits women, public sector & the North ~ Related press release
 
DWP: More than one third of people going through incapacity benefits reassessment have been found to be fit for work, according to the first set of official statistics released last week. Figures for the first 141,100 incapacity benefits claimants to start the reassessment process show 37% of those whose claims have been concluded have been found fit for work. The remaining 63% of claimants were entitled to Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).
Press release & links ~ TUC comment
Working like a pro: How can UK Public Sector maximise remote worker productivity?