|Printable version||E-mail this to a friend|
Independent Commission on Banking: publication of Final Report
The Independent Commission on Banking published its Final Report today.
In June 2010, the Commission was asked to consider structural and related non-structural reforms to the UK banking sector to promote financial stability and competition, and to make recommendations to the Government by September 2011.
The Final Report sets out the Commission’s final
analysis and recommendations.
Notes to Editors
1. The Commission’s Final Report can be downloaded from: http://bankingcommission.independent.gov.uk.
2. The Commission’s Final Report was issued via a Regulatory News Service Announcement (RNS) on the London Stock Exchange at 07:00 BST.
3. A press conference will be held at 10:30am on 12 September 2011. Registration is now closed. A copy of Sir John Vickers’ speaking note will be made available via the Commission’s website shortly after the press conference.
4. A live dial-in facility will be available. To listen to the Press Conference from 10:30am on Monday 12 th September, please dial 0844 316 1174 and enter the code 134633.
5. The members of the Independent Commission on Banking are Sir John Vickers, Clare Spottiswoode, Martin Taylor, Bill Winters and Martin Wolf.
6. Press enquiries during office hours should be directed to the Commission’s Duty Press Officer on 07787 059 259.
ICB Duty Press Officer
Mobile: 07787 059 259
Phone: 07787 059 259