Crown Commercial Service
|Printable version||E-mail this to a friend|
New Crown Commercial Service to be created
Cabinet Office recently announced the intention to establish an integrated commercial service for Government to deliver significant savings to the taxpayer and improve the quality of commercial and procurement activity across central government and the wider public sector. This will bring together Government Procurement Service and other Cabinet Office teams. It will work with departments and wider public sector organisations to ensure maximum value is extracted from every commercial relationship and drive up the quality of service.
The Crown Commercial Service will be established this autumn building on the evolution of Government Procurement Service over the last two years. Specifically, the Crown Commercial Service will:
- centrally manage the purchase of common goods and services for departments;
- introduce a new Complex Transactions Team to work with departments on complex procurements, reducing the need for external advice;
- enable departments and public sector bodies to focus their commercial efforts on their own strategic requirements;
- further strengthen the commercial leadership within Government;
- further strengthen the procurement profession and improve overall commercial ability across the Civil Service; and
- continue to work closely with the wider public sector to ensure that the benefits of aggregation and centralisation are shared across the public sector to maximise savings for the taxpayer.
Further information is available here.