|Printable version||E-mail this to a friend|
Directgov explains the June Budget on web, mobile and TV
On Tuesday 22 June at 12:30pm, the Chancellor George Osborne will deliver the Budget and explain how the coalition government intends to reduce the deficit.
Many people will be anxious to know straight away what impact this will have on their purses and pay packets, and Directgov can help you inform them.
In advance of the announcement, you can sign-up free of charge to a Directgov widget, which you can embed on your site allowing your users to read the key lines from the report as they are announced by the Chancellor. These tweets will be easy-to-understand summaries of the main points.
The widget displays only Directgov tweets and can be filtered by a hashtag of your choosing. This year #junebudget is being used. You can also customise its title. Implement this widget from:
On the day, Directgov will provide clear and impartial information to explain exactly what the Budget means to households across the nation. People can go to www.direct.gov.uk/budget2010 to view:
• Plain English, easy-to-understand summary of the Budget
• More detailed information on the report and its impact on different people
• The official Budget report, speech and supporting documents
Mobile users can text for free* the word 'BUDGET' to 83377 to receive a Directgov link to a summary of the Chancellor’s speech. Budget information can also be accessed on Directgov’s TV service, which is available on Sky, Virgin Media and Freeview 106.
For more information on Directgov, please contact Sophie Sheridan on: email@example.com or 0207 921 2717
Notes to Editors
- *All text messages to and from Directgov are free. Standard browsing charges apply. Directgov does not charge for any of its services but mobile internet browsing charges may apply, users should check with their network for details.
- Directgov provides user-friendly, 24/7 information on government services – including education, transport, tax, crime, the environment, employment – all in one place and in plain English.
- As well as being available on the website www.direct.gov.uk, which attracts approximately 29 million visits a month, it can also be accessed on any internet-enabled mobile phone, and on TV.
- In February 2010, Directgov was recognised as the second most visited UK Government website by Hitwise and awarded a Hitwise ‘Top 10’ award.
- Please note: Directgov is spelt as one word and with a lower case 'g'.
- Please note that while the official Budget report, speech, supporting documents and a summary of the Budget content will be on www.direct.gov.uk/budget2010 any queries regarding the reasoning behind it or bids for the Chancellor should be referred to the Treasury press office.
- The official Budget report, speech and supporting documents will also be available at www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/junebudget
Phone: For enquiries please contact the above department
Phone: 020 7261 2717