|Printable version||E-mail this to a friend|
WorldSkills London 2011 has become the latest independent organisation to publish on Wired-GOV
WorldSkills London 2011 – the world’s largest international skills Competition – comes to the UK this year for the first time in 22 years.
Around 150,000 visitors are expected to attend the Competition, which takes place from 5-8 October at ExCeL London. Visitors will be able to see 1,000 talented young people from across the globe battle it out to be the world’s best in 46 different skills competitions – ranging from mobile robotics, computer-aided design and engineering to landscape gardening.
This huge international event will provide a unique, amazing and inspiring experience. As well as seeing skills in action, visitors will be able to ‘Have a Go’ at different jobs and careers; get expert careers information, advice and guidance; and visit the ‘Make it Happen’ interactive exhibition provided by top employers, training providers and career organisations.
Every community and business in the thrives on skills, enterprise and inspiration and WorldSkills London 2011 aims to be the catalyst that sparks the ambitions not just of competitors but of people across the UK.
In the lead up to the event, the WorldSkills London 2011 ‘Have a Go’ campaign aims to provide one million opportunities for people across the to try a new skill. Have a Go is a fun, interactive way of getting people involved in skills, culminating in a three-week skills festival from 19 September to 9 October.
By signing up to receive WorldSkills London 2011 news on Wired-GOV you will be the first to:
• get the latest WorldSkills London 2011 news and event information
• hear about upcoming Have a Go events around the UK.
• receive up-to-the-minute news about Team ’s preparations for the event
• receive details about assistance available for schools and colleges to attend WorldSkills London 2011
• find out about the linked conference and seminar programme for government, business and education leaders
Find out more about WorldSkills London 2011 by visiting our website www.worldskillslondon2011.com
To add ‘WorldSkills London 2011’ to your Wired-GOV preferences simply:
• Go to http://www.wired-gov.net
• Sign-in using your User name(email address) and password
• Click on 'Update My Profile'
• Check your personal details and then click on ‘Next’ (bottom of the page)
• Select WorldSkills London 2011 from the preferred drop down menu
• Click on 'Finish'