Comprehensive Spending Review Announcement
26 Jun 2013 03:40 PM
The Chancellor is expected to announce a range of budget savings expected from government departments, including the Home Office, in 2015/16.
In advance of the Comprehensive Spending Review Announcement, the APCC said:
"We are waiting for confirmation of the Home Office spending settlement and will need to consider the detail."
"Police and Crime Commissioners are already having to make difficult decisions about balancing their force budget. Police and Crime Commissioners have been working closely together with Chief Constables to drive efficiencies within force and pursue collaboration across forces and with local authorities."
"There is, however, no doubt the demands of fiscal austerity have presented an unprecedented challenge for commissioners and police forces."
Notes to Editors - PCCs and the APCC
1. For interviews / further information please contact Joel Charles on 07703 124 174.
2. 41 Police and Crime Commissioners replaced Police Authorities on 22.11.12 following elections in every police force area outside London in England and Wales on November 15th 2012.
3. The APCC is a company limited by guarantee. The APCC services are overseen and directed by the Chairman and Board of Directors
APCC Board of Directors;
Chairman of the APCC and Directors: Tony Lloyd PCC
Sir Graham Bright PCC
Anthony Stansfeld PCC
Vera Baird PCC
Ron Ball PCC
Simon Hayes PCC
Cllr Simon Duckworth
4. For the definitive list of PCCs and more information about the Board of the Association of PCCs please visit www.apccs.police.uk
5. The Association of Police and Crime Commissioners (APCC) offers the following services to PCCs:
Information on national policing policy issues and legislation.
Consults PCCs to enable them to develop policy positions and to influence change.
Facilitates the leadership of PCCs on national governance structures such as the College of Policing, National Crime Agency and Police Professional Bodies.
Assists PCCs in collaborating to share practice, procure services, and identify ways to achieve efficiencies through working together.