back to listings SME Profile: Learning Nexus Ltd
Learning Nexus Ltd
Nexus House, 235 Roehampton Lane, London, SW15 4LB
Welcome to Learning Nexus - based in Gloucester and London, we are a customer-focused team with a passion for offering engaging and effective eLearning solutions. We use emerging technologies, innovative design and industry-leading standards and our future is driven by the needs of our customers.
Our Customers are thousands of individuals and hundreds of small and large organisations. Our solutions are delivered to the corporate, public and not-for-profit sectors.
Some of our public sector customers include:
- Student Loans Company
- Durham County Council
- Clarion Housing Group
- North Yorkshire County Council
- Fife Council
- Scottish Government
- NHS Fife
- West Yorkshire Police
- The Railway Children
- Newcastle University
- Ayrshire College
- And many more!
We can support you with off-the-shelf content, mobile and micro-learning, audio and video content, learning management systems and highly bespoke eLearning.We can work with you to reach your objectives, whether that is increasing your team’s knowledge, reducing costs or improving productivity.
Why Us? Our experience and high quality of service are evidenced by a loyal customer base spanning over 30 years. We work closely with you and ensure you deliver, inspire and engage your people. We are a Totara Platinum Partner supporting over 60,000 users on the cloud-based platform, which is fast becoming a popular LMS for many public sector organisations.
Our Team We recruit exceptional people, develop talent, encourage initiative and reward innovation. Our team consists of creative designers, L&D specialists, IT experts and a dedicated training and support team to help you deliver your eLearning solution smoothly and efficiently.
We have a wide range of off-the-shelf eLearning courses, with categories including: legislation, management and work performance, health and safety, Microsoft Office and accredited courses by RoSPA and SCIE. Click here to see our full list of courses.
We also have a public sector and not-for-profit eLearning community called “Freeshare” – you can learn more about it here.
We have our own HTML5 authoring tool, which you can use to create your own bespoke courses from scratch or edit many of Learning Nexus’ off-the-shelf courses. This allows you to make courses suitable for your organisation, using your own branding and tone of voice, as well as adding relevant examples and case studies to support learner understanding.
Learning Nexus offer two learning platforms – the Moodle-based Learning Nexus VLE or NexusComply, based on Totara Learn. Whilst the two platforms share many features, Totara Learn has many sophisticated features attractive to public sector customers, such as enhanced reporting and built in risk assessments. You can read more about our NexusComply solution below.
What are the features?
- Online content: Bespoke eLearning courses, links and guides, off-the-shelf courses and video.
- Compliance eLearning and assessment : eLearning that is targeted, relevant, interesting, engaging and realistic, which helps to reduce business risk.
- Offline content: Classrooms, workshops, conferences and projects.
Behavioural Change: Learning Nexus understands the importance of measuring the effectiveness of eLearning as well as offline training, which is why NexusComply has built-in feedback. The system analyses the effectiveness of learning and the success rates of learners and also helps assess return on investment through evaluation.
Management: We know that effective learning is not just made up of eLearning, and may require offline activities such as training workshops. That’s why NexusComply manages compliance both online and offline, all in one platform.
Policies and Risk Assessment: Organisations have policies that help ensure their workforce remains compliant. The NexusComply solution makes it simple to manage these policies.
- Policies: For example, do you have a new starter who needs to complete an induction programme? NexusComply can import information from your HR system to recognise when the new starter has started work and automatically send alerts and reminders to ensure they complete the necessary learning.
- Risk Assessments: For example, to ensure employees complete risk assessments on a regular basis, this can be pre-set in the system to make sure all employees are reminded and kept up to date.
Appraisals and Management Programs: NexusComply enables the seamless integration of learning with appraisals and learning development for employees.
- Competencies: build competencies to integrate company goals with personal goals which are added to templates and applied to appraisals, for example.
- Learning Plans: Because it’s critical to align employees with organisational strategies, NexusComply enables you to set up learning plan templates, based on roles or departments, and will also allow you to add associated competencies.
Powerful Reporting and Monitoring
- Monitoring: Provides a dashboard with an overview of your organisation or department and identifies who is currently compliant. This function enables managers and supervisors to audit an employee and the extent of their compliance based on learning progress.
- Reporting: NexusComply has a powerful report builder which enables administrators to quickly and easily build custom reports from scratch or to modify a set of pre-built reports.
Integration: We realise that our customers already have systems in place which is why NexusComply integrates these systems with learning solutions.
- Maximise ROI and minimise data entry: people, position and organisational data can be regularly and automatically updated from your HR system.
- Streamlined: integrates with major enterprise Single Sign On (SSO) standards allowing for an improved user experience.
- Open source: accommodates custom system integration through Web Services using protocols such as REST, SOAP, XMLRPC, JSON and AMF. You’ll be able to customise the application and write new functions to suit your business needs.
Our bespoke eLearning offers you a solution specifically designed and tailored to your exact needs, and audience. The concept of bespoke eLearning is to provide your learners with an authentic experience that is created just for them using your company culture, brand and tone of voice to deliver an engaging, interactive experience; and above all to deliver an improvement of performance in your workplace. We are highly experienced in designing gamified learning as well as more simple video and audio content – you can see a video of our custom eLearning examples here.
Contact us to find out more about custom eLearning.
Store – You can purchase some of our eLearning courses directly from our online store if you only require a course for a few users. This includes our IOSH and NEBOSH courses as we are approved online providers of these certifications.
To chat to us about your requirements, simply fill in our contact form and we’ll be in touch!