back to listings SME Profile: The Maltings Document Storage Solutions Ltd
The Maltings Document Storage Solutions Ltd.
Wentloog Corporate Park, Wentloog Road, Rumney, Cardiff, CF3 2ER
The Maltings have been providing professional document storage and retrieval services to businesses since 1980.
Trusted & Professional
The Maltings operates in accordance with The Data Protection Act 1998, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office.
Given the nature of the documents we store, security and confidentiality are top of our agenda at all times. All document boxes and files are stored in clean, dry conditions, protected by CCTV and 24 hour on site security staff 365 days a year. In addition all our personnel are periodically DBS checked by Disclosure Scotland. Our fleet of vehicles are tracked and monitored at all times enabling us to maintain security whilst confidential documents are being transported to and from our clients premises.
More than 700 organisations, many of them top names in their own fields, put their trust in our professionalism and have done so for many years.
Because our clients differ significantly from each other, we create different solutions designed to meet their specific needs. Each customer benefits from a bespoke support plan, matching their individual circumstances and business objectives. All of this comes at highly competitive rates with no hidden charges, allowing you to budget effectively.
The Maltings Document Storage Solutions takes great pride in maintaining the highest standards in all of our activities. We have invested considerable time and effort in achieving ISO level certification's and are a member of the Information and Records Management Society. Click here to find out about our accreditation status.
Information security, data protection and legal compliance are three vitally important business components, which if managed incorrectly, can have severe consequences to a company's owners, directors and staff. Surprisingly many organisations continue to store business critical archive records, within a rented room located inside a self-storage facility. The decision to opt for a self-storage unit may be based on a misconstrued perception, that a fully managed archive service is a more expensive solution for effective document retention. By analysing the actual costs and previously unconsidered factors, the comparison below shows that The Maltings document management service costs less than you think!
- Self Storage Units: Stacking boxes several layers high in a confined space, will damage the boxes and make retrieving documents difficult. When a storage unit is filled to capacity, another entire unit must be rented - thus increasing the monthly storage cost per box.
- The Maltings Document Management Service: Monthly storage costs per standard bankers box are less than 1½ pence per day - regardless of how many boxes are stored. Our customers only pay for what they store. Each box is allocated a permanent space on our bespoke racking.
- Self Storage Units: Unlike The Maltings Document Storage Solutions, who only store archived material, self storage units are used by the general public to store various miscellaneous items. The range of items stored within neighbouring self storage units could pose a considerable risk to the safety of documents.
- The Maltings Document Management Service: Only staff who are fully trained and DBS checked by Disclosure Scotland have access to our customers archive records. Our storage facilities are protected 24/7 by manned security and CCTV coverage.
The Maltings' Records Management system enables us to manage the accurate, secure storage of your documents, allowing you to concentrate on your core business needs. Our system provides you with the latest technology in Records Management including inventory management and provides a range of Records Management Solutions to suit your business requirements. There are a number of reports on the system that are available to customers upon request. They include:
- Document Trace Report: Lists all file/box transactions over a date range as requested by the customer.
- Trace History Print: Lists all transactions for an individual file/box.
- Document Status Report: Highlights the location and status of all files/boxes.
- Files/Boxes Registered Report: Lists all files/boxes registered over a range of dates as requested by the customer.
- Files/Boxes Booked In Report: Lists all files/boxes booked in over a range of dates as requested by the customer together with their booked in date and its current location.
- Booked Out Files/Boxes Report: Highlights all files/boxes that are currently booked out to the customer together with their booked out date.
- Booked Out History Report: Lists all files/boxes booked out over a range of dates as requested by the customer together with their booked out date.
- Files/Boxes Destroyed Report: Lists all files/boxes destroyed over a range of dates as requested by the customer.
- Proposed Destruction Report : Lists all files/boxes due for destruction on a specific date as requested by the customer.
- Scan On Demand: Should you require urgent immediate access to any particular document/s, then why not consider using The Maltings "Scan On Demand" service - whereby we can locate, scan and email the specified document/s to you immediately.
- Business Continuity Management: Our clients can rest assured of business continuity, whereby service can be offered from both our sites due to our failover procedures and systems
- Waste Carriers Licence: The Maltings Document Storage Solutions are registered waste carriers. A copy of our latest certificate can be provided upon request.
- Data Protection & Information Security: The Maltings Document Storage Solutions are registered with ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office). A copy of our latest certificate can be provided upon request.
- Environmental Management BS EN ISO 14001:2004: First published in 1996, ISO 14001 is now recognised globally as the most important environmental standard. It actively controls the way businesses and other organisations manage their environmental footprint.
- Quality Management BS EN ISO 9001:2008: ISO 9001:2008 is the globally implemented standard for providing assurance about the ability to satisfy quality requirements and to enhance customer satisfaction in supplier-customer relationships.
- Occupational Health & Safety Management OHSAS 18001:2007: OHSAS 18001 is a comprehensive Occupational Health and Safety Management System specification, designed to enable organisations to control Health & Safety risks and improve its performance.
The Information and Records Management Society : The Information and Records Management Society is the foremost professional association for all those who work in or are concerned with records or information management, regardless of their professional or organisational status or qualifications.