back to listings SME Profile: Quantum Solutions
17 Portland Road, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, KA1 2BT
Welcome to Quantum Solutions – Quantity Surveying & Project Management
A leading and forward thinking consultancy
Quantum Solutions provides quantity surveying, project management and commercial management services to clients in the construction industry
As Chartered Quantity Surveyors, we deliver a fresh, ‘hands on’ approach to public sector clients, residential developers and private clients in construction for hospitality, commercial, industrial and bespoke housing projects. Click here to view our recent Projects
Quantity Surveying & Cost Consultancy
With in-depth knowledge of the construction industry, we expertly manage the construction budget for your project to deliver an outstanding result which exceeds all expectation.
Applying modern and efficient systems, we put proper procedures in place to minimise any commercial risk throughout the duration of the project. Very much team players, we communicate and work well with everyone involved. However we also understand the challenges which can arise in construction projects and use our experience and expertise to find effective solutions to resolve possible disputes firmly but fairly.
- PREPARING COST PLAN BUDGETS: We create a detailed and accurate forecast budget, often with actual quotations from specialist sub-contractors or suppliers.
- ISSUING FORMAL CONTRACTS: We recommend the most suitable form of contract for the project, and collate and issue it to the contractor.
- PROVIDING POST-CONTRACT MANAGEMENT: We agree valuations with the contractor and issue relevant payment notices; hold on-site management meetings with the contractor, client and design team; manage cost control and negotiate the final account.
- MANAGING THE TENDER PROCESS: We agree a suitable list of tendering contractor companies at the initial stage of a project. We collate a detailed tender package, including a ‘Scope of Works & Pricing Document’ to help the contractor in identifying the extent of the works to be priced. On receipt of tenders, we prepare a detailed Tender Analysis Report summarising the tender prices and highlighting our proposals.
With a sound understanding of the construction process, we manage projects across the scale, from renovation or self build projects, to large, often complex, construction projects.
In each case, we offer an exceptional level of service throughout – from conception to completion. Taking time initially to fully understand the client’s brief, we use our contacts and experience to select and motivate a team, come up with great ideas, overcome challenges, and keep everything on track to deliver highly successful and satisfying results for our clients.
- PROVIDING THE RIGHT PEOPLE: We are well connected within the industry and carefully select other team members – including architects, structural engineers and services engineers – who have a proven track record in the particular type of project. We also introduce specialist sub-contractors and suppliers at relevant stages who we know are reliable and can add value to the project.
- KEEPING FULL CONTROL: We help our client ensure every aspect on the project is carefully controlled including cost, quality, programme duration onsite, risk and health & safety. We gain fee quotations and issue out fee appointments on our client’s behalf, and attend site regularly to stay close to the project.
- AVOIDING DELAYS: We help direct the multiple companies involved in a project, including the main contractor, full design team, sub-contractors and suppliers, to make absolutely certain the project is completed on schedule.
- MANAGING INFORMATION: We introduce innovative systems and techniques to the project to control the flow of information, such as data management systems, and are embracing new systems being developed, such as BIM, Building Information Modelling.