back to listings SME Profile: Serval Systems Ltd
Serval Systems Ltd
Business IT Services & Network Support
Serval Systems offer a wide range of high-quality IT services to customers in Sussex, Kent and Surrey from our base in East Grinstead.
Our goal is to help you and your business succeed by supplying the IT systems, services and support that are right for your business needs. We have a track record of delivering successful projects and outsourced support while helping our clients achieve their goals, whether they are looking at reducing costs or managing their growth. From cloud computing through to email security we guide our clients towards the latest technology to suit their needs. Our experience in providing outsourced IT services for solicitors has helped Serval build a successful, ongoing relationship with a major Sussex based solicitors.
Our guarantee is our reputation – a reputation earned by satisfying a broad range of clients as diverse as solicitors, schools and tour operators, located throughout the south east.Read more about us
- Major IT installations or upgrades can often create particular challenges for organisations. With the working week already filled by your day to day business, new IT projects, some critical to your future business success, have to compete with normal daily pressures and fit in alongside them.
- So, with no spare time available, companies often expect their IT staff to undertake the planning, design and implementation of new technologies and systems in a live business environment, usually resulting in extended deadlines, ineffective systems, frequent failure and disappointing returns on investment.
- At Serval Systems, we believe there is great benefit to be gained by using our team’s combined experience throughout your project planning, management and implementation phases. Wherever possible, we like to work with your internal staff every step of the way to ensure that they are fully trained, familiar with the new technologies and ready to take on future support and similar projects.
- With a track record of successful, on-budget projects, you can rely on us to deliver the right outcome, every time.
- We also offer lifecycle management where, as part of the overall project, we will remove older assets and either sell them on your behalf or dispose of them according to the Waste and Electronic Equipment Disposal Directive (WEEE). These important regulatory commitments can be seamlessly built into your project plan.
- The Internet, whether it be web access, email or remote working, is now a crucial part of any business, but the open nature of today’s computer environments means that your business is under constant threat from viruses, spam email, fraud, information theft and malicious system attack. All organisations, therefore, must take business security extremely seriously and Serval Systems can help you to do just that.
- For larger businesses that require full security, we recommend a layered approach providing a practical, maintainable solution. This can include external mail filtering, a bridgehead firewall, internal web and email filtering, control and monitoring.
- Smaller organisation may need a more cost-effective solution and Serval will aim to recommend a correctly sized solution in each case.
- We will be happy to take an initial look at your current and future requirements without any charge or obligation.
- Where appropriate, we can create a costed proposal to help you select the best options for your business.
- Access the latest, most up-to-date software, broaden your IT infrastructure and access your data without having to upgrade your existing system. All this is possible with Serval Systems’ Cloud computing. We offer hosted virtual desktop technology allowing you to tap into our online service and access your data, desktop and applications wherever you have internet access.
- This is pay-as-you-go computing – all the latest technology and software without the expense and hassle of investing in hardware, where you pay for the service, not the equipment.
- The traditional approach - implementing different IT solutions for everything from data storage, exchange, Blackberry / iPhone, backup routines, server upgrades and so on.
- The alternative - implement a completely managed IT solution that includes all the latest features and security and have access to all the latest applications, without ever needing to purchase another application or worry about upgrading your IT servers again.
We can offer a complete IT solution for a simple monthly subscription. Providing access anywhere at anytime with a higher degree of security than placing servers in your office, including:
- Instead of using local servers and networks, Serval can deliver the desktop to the user over the internet - so you can access the desktop from anywhere in the world on any device that has a web browser and an internet connection.
- The hosted desktop along with any additional 3rd party software and data would be stored on servers in our secure data centre. This would be backed up on a daily basis providing you with complete piece of mind. By making use of the latest virtualisation technologies, Serval can provide you with reliable access to all your data whenever you need it.
- We can offer a wide range of software as standard, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Adobe Reader. If you need to add additional programs such as Sage, SQL databases or access from Blackberry or an iPhone this can easily be added.
- By paying a flat monthly fee per user you can manage your IT budget for your company now and in the future.
We have created three illustrations for the cost of these services, based on:
- Single sIte, 10 users
- Two sites, 50 users
- Multiple sites, 200 users
Whatever your requirements, Serval Systems have an outsourced IT Support solution to suit. Our solutions can be tailored for clients of all sizes from growing enterprises to corporate operations with our aim being to demonstrate real improvements to your business's efficiency by providing the following outsourced support services:
- First line user support,
- Second line problem solving
- Third line, in-depth technical solutions
Serval Systems have partnered with leading vendors to offer the best business IT services and support to our clients.
- First Line Support Serval's first line support service can be provided for each system user to allow direct access to helpdesk services. Immediate and simple problems are usually resolved with one of our support consultants during the initial call. When necessary, more involved technical problems can then be passed on to the second line systems engineers.
- Second Line Support Once calls have been screened by first line support, they may need to be resolved by the systems engineering team. Some customers may choose to only send this type of call to us whilst dealing with initial problems themselves. An engineer will be assigned the problem and will follow it through to completion. The systems engineer can call on the experience and knowledge of the whole team as well as the resources of our business partners.
- Third Line Support This category of call may be very complex. Calls escalated to this level may require significant effort and planning to solve. In some instances, system level changes may need to be agreed. Very often an engineer with in-depth knowledge of the particular system will be selected to maintain good customer service.
- Serval Systems is committed to maintaining key alliances backed by vendor training and in-depth product knowledge. This allows us to provide you with the optimum blend of available software and hardware.
- By partnering with some of the leading vendors, such as those listed below, Serval Systems can guarantee that all end-users receive solutions based on the best available technologies:
- Avaya, BT, Cisco, Citrix, Clearswift, HP, IBM, Messagelabs, Messagestream, Microsoft, Neoware, Netgear, Neverfail, Panda, Sony, Sophos, Sunbelt Software, Symantec, Techgate, Watchguard, Webroot and Wyse.
- The list represents only some of the products we support and supply either as part of a solution or individually for end-user installation.
Anti-Virus solutions are now a critical part of every IT environment. Read more
Business Back Up Services
he data stored on company's computer systems should be considered to be one of its most important assets and any data lost due to system failure or accidental deletion can have disastrous consequences. Read more
Data Replication & Business Continuity
The explosive growth in storage, and increased data availability demands, has forced IT managers to investigate new, cost-effective technologies. Read more
Corporate Email Security
The internet has brought us many new tools that we use in everyday life; one of the most useful of these being email. Read more
Network & Internet Load Balancers
Load balancing is a technique to distribute workload or web access across multiple computers network links or other resources, to achieve optimal resource utilization, maximize throughput, minimize response time, and avoid overload. Read more
IT Network Support
One thing that networks have in common with the computer systems they link together is the reason why companies have to upgrade or replace them is basically the same; they get overtaken by change, mainly arising from business growth and obsolescence. Read more
Thin Client Technology
Serval offers Thin Client solutions as part of its end-to-end server-based computing strategy. Read more
Server Virtualisation Services
Server virtualization is a proven technology that enables multiple virtual machines to run on a single physical server. Read more
Avaya Telephone Systems
With Avaya IP office Serval Systems can offer industry leading solutions which can be tailored specifically for your business needs and deliver effective, scalable solutions that can adapt and grow as your business changes. Read more
Open-E®, Inc is a leading provider of unified file and block storage management software solutions. Read more