back to listings SME Profile: The Hub
48a Heming Road, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 0EA
The Hub is a specialist fit-out contractor that has delivered high quality projects for national and independent clients to over a decade. With experience in delivering projects from construction to fit-out we are able to deliver turnkey projects in a collaborative manner that ensures that the expectations of our clients and their visitors are met.
With over 15,000 square feet of facilities in the West Midlands and a network of known specialist sub-contractors, The Hub are able to deliver these high quality projects throughout Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Middle East.
Our personnel are assigned to a project for the full duration, with each and every project having the full commitment of a board director. This ensures that our ethos of delivering projects on time and on budget, in a spirit of cooperation and collaboration is achieved on all projects and results in long term relationships that sees The Hub working for organisations time and time again.
The Hub provides a quality service throughout all phases of the project from supporting the client and professional team at feasibility through to project completion, soft landing and aftercare. Manage, co-ordinate, manufacture and install is what we do.
At The Hub we believe that our management of projects from initial contact to project completion adds value to each and every project we do. This includes management of:
- Health and Safety
- Pre-Tender Estimates
- Project Tenders and Quality Assurance
- Project Management
- Cost Management
- Structural Design
- Contractor Design and Design Development
- Setting Out, Prototypes, Mock Ups and Samples
- Logistics and Transportation
- Soft Landing and Operations
- Quality, Environmental and Sustainability Systems
All projects require coordination both off and on site. Co-ordination is one of our strengths and this is achieved through regular interface with the client, professional team and sub-contractors throughout the entirety of the project. This includes the co-ordination of:
- Multi Disciplinary Project Teams
- Architecture and Services Installations
- Audio Visual Hardware and Software
- Conservation Grade Display Cases
- Graphic Production and Installation
- Models and Reconstruction
- Electro Mechanical Interactives
- Artefacts Mounts, Armatures and Mannequins
- Site Installations
- Artefact Installation
- Rigging of Specialist Installations
- Artists Installations
- Client Direct Contractors
Our workshop facilities allow us to produce high quality finished joinery items that are carefully assembled with, if required, metalwork, glass and additional interpretive media, for example audio visual hardware.
This allows us to invite the client and professional team review progress prior to packing and transportation to site.
Installation is critical to the success of the project and we pride ourselves on the ability to work in new and historic buildings, landscapes and on the odd occasion ships. Working with the client we take the time to understand the every day requirements of staff and visitors and plan to ensure a safe workplace for all involved. We understand the importance of commissioning, testing and artefact installation and plan this within our programmes. On site we install:
- Lighting and Electrical
- MEP Services
- Partitions and Ceilings
- Specialist Floor and Wall Finishes
- Exhibition Setworks
- Visitor Services - Refreshment and Retail
- Large Artefacts
- Signage and Wayfinding
The Hub have collated our projects into themes to provide our clients with an understanding of our ability to deliver projects in line with their own organisations core stories. Themes cross pollinate to ensure we bring the best of everything we do to each and every project.
- Fine and Decorative Arts
- Historic Environment and Ecclesiastical
- Military, Maritime and Transport
- Natural History
- Science, Technology and Sport
- Social History
The Hub works with national and independent museums throughout Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Middle East. Our collaborative approach to working with our clients ensures that our first project is not our last.
- Bletchley Park Trust
- Chelmsford City Council
- Chichester District Council
- English Heritage
- Household Cavalry Museum
- London Transport Museum
- RAF Museums
- The National Museum of the Royal Navy
- University of Birmingham
- The Trustees of Natural History Museum
- University of Southhampton
- University of Winchester
- Southend on Sea Borough Council
- Royal Armouries
- Royal Shakespeare Company
- Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
- Historic Royal Palaces
The Hub has produced high quality projects across core themes for over a decade. Whether temporary or permanent we bring a wealth of experience.