back to listings SME Profile: Nestlé UK Ltd
Cereal Partners UK, 2 Albany Place, 28 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1RR
Nestlé is the world’s largest food and beverage company
Nestlé breakfast cereals are manufactured by Cereal Partners – a joint venture between Nestlé and General Mills. Cereal Partners is one of the UK's leading cereal manufacturers and makes many of the leading UK brands. You'll recognise many of our well-known brands, like Shredded Wheat, Shreddies and Cheerios.
"Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper." Like most proverbs, this one holds more than a grain of truth. Breakfast is arguably the most important meal of the day. It is a time when we 'break the fast' of the night, which can be anything up to 10 or 12 hours. First thing in the morning our bodies have low energy reserves and breakfast helps to replenish these and to fuel us through the morning. In addition to the nutritional benefits of breakfast, evidence suggests that this important meal provides a number of other benefits to give us the best start to the day. An amazing 45% of all breakfasts in the UK feature ready-to-eat cereals.
WE BELIEVE IN BREAKFAST
We believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so we’re always working to make cereal your favourite option. We make it easy to get a tasty breakfast in every delicious bowlful.
REAL FOOD, SIMPLY MADE
What goes into your family’s food is important to you, so we take our recipes seriously. It’s a simple journey from field to bowl. And that journey begins with whole grain, the main ingredient in most of our recipes. We carefully select and source our ingredients and use a simple process to make our cereals tasty.
We are taking the steps towards a more sustainable future by reducing the amount of packaging used across our core brands CHEERIOS®, SHREDDIES®, SHREDDED WHEAT® Bitesize and Honey Nut SHREDDED WHEAT®.
“We promise to make breakfast better while creating a positive impact on the world around us”
Our Cereal Brands & Products
Click on the links below for further information:
- Packaging 100% designed for recycling, 91% recyclable
- 13-15% packaging reduction in 2021 on Shreddies®, Cheerios®and Shredded Wheat® Bitesize
- Part of the Flexible plastics fund, launching in May 2021, to facilitate soft plastic recycling
- Implementing a regenerative agriculture ‘Wheat Plan’ from Q3 2021
- Compared to 2019 we reduced in our operations water by 5%, energy by 3%, and green house gas emissions by 4%
- All our UK sites are Zero waste to landfill certified
- New Cheerios ® ‘Bee Friendly Trust’ partnership, and on-site bee and butterfly gardens
- Working towards 2050 net zero carbon emissions commitment