back to listings SME Profile: Mercury Energy and Public Sector Ltd
Bridgehead Business Park, Boothferry Rd, Hessle HU13 0GD
Mercury is a UK-based multi-disciplinary marketing and communications business that specialises in raising the profile of our clients to help them communicate clearly, grow stronger and prosper.
Our team, which has operated at primarily a senior level, has more than 100 years’ experience in B2B, consumer, rail (train operating companies, infrastructure and major projects), engineering, onshore and offshore wind, oil and gas, regional government, NHS and business marketing and communications.
We have won more than 75 nationally recognised awards between us and we are members of the Chartered Quality Institute, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and the Chartered Institute of Marketing. Together, we have worked for more than 800 organisations across the private, public and voluntary sectors in the last 12 years.
Our services include:
- Strategic-level marketing and communications consultancy
- Campaign management
- Stakeholder and community relations
- Public relations
- Graphic design
- Websites (Web design & Development)
- Social media
- Printed material
Our objective is to make a positive difference to the organisations we serve. Specifically, we:
- Advise on the best way to promote an organisation’s work
- Advise on the best way to explain challenging performance and/or operational matters – helping to protect reputations
- Build brands and make organisations more profitable
- Enhance reputations through strong and effective community and stakeholder (including political) strategy and delivery
- Deliver multi award winning marketing and PR campaigns
Much of this has been achieved by:
- Delivering high profile and successful campaigns for more than 400 organisations
- Carrying out more than 80 brand and marketing audits for large organisations
- Devising and delivering marketing and communications work for Europe’s biggest and most prestigious international business convention
- Devising, delivering and promoting more than 20 high-profile fashion events and an award-winning fashion show
- Supporting two international offshore wind companies, whose projects’ combined valued is more than £6bn, with successful communications through the Infrastructure Planning Commission (IPC) process. These are nationally significant projects which are required to go through the Planning Inspectorate for approval.
- Helping one of Europe’s biggest marine parks, valued at £400m, achieve planning approval through the IPC process. Again, this is a nationally significant project which had to go through the Planning Inspectorate for approval.
- Dealing with two of the country’s most difficult onshore planning applications, co-ordinating all communications and stakeholder communications
- Working directly for five of the ‘big six’ energy firms
- Delivering services for two Italian and Norwegian oil and gas companies
- Positively promoting, and consequently helping secure the funding for a £94m rail electrification programme (to GRIP stage 3) for one of the UK’s leading train operating companies
- Promoting rail infrastructure projects UK-wide on more than £160m worth of multi-disciplinary work
- Helping one rail customer to win work in excess of £300m
- Delivering design projects for more than 600 organisations
- Commissioning print on over a 1,000,000 brochures, newsletter, leaflets
- Designing and building more than 400 websites (including all of the needed support services such as SEO)
- Devising, managing and delivering more than 200 successful social media campaigns delivering more than 1,000,000 Tweets and Facebook messages (and counting)