Carillion: Official Receiver's update
The Official Receiver provides an update on employment within the Carillion group in liquidation.
A spokesperson for the Official Receiver said:
Secure ongoing employment has been confirmed for a further 129 staff who are transferring to new suppliers.Regrettably nine further redundancies are being made in roles no longer required as the remaining business reduces. Those who are leaving the business this week will be provided with every support to find new work by Jobcentre Plus’ Rapid Response Service.
Discussions continue with potential purchasers for Carillion’s remaining contracts and with staff, elected employee representatives and unions as these arrangements are confirmed.
- in total, to date 11,618 jobs have been saved and 2,301 jobs have been made redundant through the liquidation
- a further 1,103 employees have left the business during the liquidation through finding new work, retirement or for other reasons
- this information does not include jobs attached to contracts where an intention to purchase has been entered into but has not yet formally occurred
- just over 3,000 employees are currently retained to enable Carillion to deliver the remaining services it is providing for public and private sector customers until decisions are taken to transfer or cease these contracts
- further information about rights in redundancy is available on gov.uk
Latest News from
New powers to tackle unfit directors of dissolved companies12/05/2021 15:20:00
New legislation to target company directors who dissolve their businesses and leave staff or taxpayers out of pocket.
Pre-pack sales to face mandatory independent scrutiny09/10/2020 11:22:00
New laws will require mandatory independent scrutiny of pre-pack administration sales where connected parties are involved in the purchase.
Regulations temporarily suspended to fast-track supplies of PPE to NHS staff and protect companies hit by COVID-1915/05/2020 16:21:00
New measures announced yesterday will give vital support to frontline NHS staff battling COVID-19 and support businesses under pressure as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
Regulations temporarily suspended to fast-track supplies of PPE to NHS staff and protect companies hit by COVID-1930/03/2020 16:14:00
New measures announced recently (28 March 2020) will give vital support to frontline NHS staff battling COVID-19 and support businesses under pressure as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
Dean Beale appointed Chief Executive of the Insolvency Service07/01/2020 13:12:00
Dean Beale has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer of the Insolvency Service.
Thomas Cook: information for customers, employees, creditors and shareholders23/09/2019 14:48:00
Information for customers, employees, creditors and shareholders of Thomas Cook in liquidation.
Companies involved in fraudulent art investment scheme wound-up14/03/2019 09:10:00
Two companies involved in what appears to be a fraudulent art investment scheme have been shut down after abusing close to £1.4 million of investors’ money.
Online small business directory shut down by court05/03/2019 12:10:00
Preston company behind online small business directory shut down by the courts after customers complained they were harassed to pay bills they did not owe.