Wired-GOV Newswire (news from other organisations)
Printable version

Charity Commission: Use the Charity Commission website to answer your query

Our online guidance and services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

This month your top queries were:

How to change your correspondence or email address

Use our online service to change your charity’s details.

How to request a new password

If you are an established, registered charity you can request a new or replacement password online. You’ll need to enter your charity number and the password will be emailed to the address we have on file.

If you are applying to register a charity and need a new password, you can request it through our online service

How to get a copy of a governing document

You should contact the charity first. Some charities may provide governing documents on request or through their website.

If you are a trustee, professional advisor or a member of the charity you can ask for a copy of the governing document. All members of the trustee body should be given a copy as part of normal governance processes.

If you can’t get a governing document from the charity you can use our general enquiry form to request one.

How to submit an annual return

The annual return service for the financial period ending in 2017 will be available on this website in the summer.

You can read our guidance to help you submit your annual return.

Response times for general queries

If you have sent a query to the Charity Commission we will aim to respond within 15 working days.

Our contact information and opening times are available on the homepage.


Share this article

Latest News from
Wired-GOV Newswire (news from other organisations)

Put Information Management Challenges Behind You