Ministry of Defence
Printable version

Do you receive an Armed Forces Pension?

Also published by:
HM Revenue and Customs

Have HM Revenue & Customs used the correct primary source of income to calculate your Tax Code?

Veterans UK have seen an increase in member’s calls to the Armed Forces Pension Payment provider (Equiniti Paymaster) querying individual tax codes. Where members are in employment and in receipt of a pension HMRC may have incorrectly based the tax code on an individual’s pension rather than their main salary.

What is my tax code used for?

Individual tax codes are used by your pension provider to work out how much Income Tax should be taken from your pay and pension. The code is calculated against an individual’s main salary.

What should I do if I think my tax code is wrong?

If you believe your tax code is wrong you can use the Income Tax online checking service - to tell HMRC about a change in your circumstances.

If you are unable to use the online service you can also contact HMRC on 0300 200 3300.


Channel website:

Original article link:

Share this article

Latest News from
Ministry of Defence