WiredGov Newswire (news from other organisations)
FRC: Investigation in connection with the audit of the financial statements of Interserve Plc
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) has commenced an investigation into the audit by Grant Thornton UK LLP of the financial statements of Interserve Plc for the years ended 31 December 2015, 2016 and 2017. The investigation will be conducted under the Audit Enforcement Procedure.
Notes to editors:
- The FRC’s mission is to promote transparency and integrity in business. The FRC sets the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes and UK standards for accounting and actuarial work; monitors and takes action to promote the quality of corporate reporting; and operates independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. As the competent authority for audit in the UK the FRC sets auditing and ethical standards and monitors and enforces audit quality.
- To meet its responsibility as the competent authority in respect of audit enforcement, the FRC operates the Audit Enforcement Procedure. This procedure applies to the investigation and sanctioning of breaches of the various requirements of the statutory auditors of Public Interest Entities (PIEs) and any other cases retained by the FRC including AIM companies with a market capitalisation in excess of €200m.
In brief, the stages of the Audit Enforcement Procedure are:
- Initial case examination and decision to investigate
- Decision by Executive Counsel as to whether to issue a Decision Notice (a notice with the findings and recommended sanction);
- Referral to Enforcement Committee and decision by the Enforcement Committee whether to issue a Decision Notice; and
- Referral to a Tribunal
- In order for a matter to be referred for investigation by the FRC’s Executive Counsel under the Audit Enforcement Procedure, the FRC’s Conduct Committee is required to decide whether there is good reason to investigate an Allegation in relation to a Statutory Auditor and/or a Statutory Audit Firm.
Investigations are usually conducted by Executive Counsel and the Enforcement division. The FRC’s Conduct Committee may direct that the investigation is delegated to a Recognised Supervisory Body (RSB) which will provide an investigation report to the Executive Counsel so that (s)he may decide whether to issue a Decision Notice.
- All Press enquiries should be directed to:
- Peter Timberlake, Head of Communications, on telephone: 020 7492 2397/ 07768 502332, or email: email@example.com.
- Rita Carolan, Communications Manager, on telephone: 020 7492 2307/ 07428 149096 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alana Sinnen, Communications Manager, on telephone: 020 7492 2395/ 07949 005526 or email: email@example.com.
- If you no longer wish to receive press releases from the FRC please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest News from
WiredGov Newswire (news from other organisations)
Unite: Frimley NHS trust staff strike for 2 days over hived-off ‘tax avoiding’ company15/11/2019 16:05:00
A ‘human chain’ to save the NHS and a rally are key features of a two day strike by staff at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust who face being transferred to a wholly owned subsidiary (WOS) designed to avoid paying tax.
CBI responds to latest women on boards data15/11/2019 11:05:00
The CBI has responded to the data from the Hampton-Alexander review, which looks into increasing the number of women on boards and in senior leadership positions across the FTSE 350.
LGA - Child abuse linked to witchcraft rises by a third, councils reveal14/11/2019 16:40:00
The number of children in England identified by councils as having been abused for reasons associated with witchcraft have risen by a third in the past three years, the Local Government Association reveals today.
CIPD - Positive progress masks ongoing challenges for women in reaching the top of UK businesses14/11/2019 15:40:00
The CIPD responds to the latest findings of the Hampton-Alexander Review
NHS Confederation - Labour’s mental health focus continues momentum, says Mental Health Network14/11/2019 14:40:00
Sean Duggan, chief executive of the Mental Health Network, which is part of the NHS Confederation, responded to the Labour Party’s election pledge for NHS funding
LGA responds to Sustain report on junk food planning policies14/11/2019 13:40:00
Cllr Ian Hudspeth, Chairman of the Local Government Association’s Community Wellbeing Board, responded to a report by Sustain on the need for new planning policies to restrict new hot food takeaways near schools
Citizens Advice top tips for safe and savvy consumers on Black Friday14/11/2019 12:40:00
In the last year, Citizens Advice consumer service has dealt with almost half a million consumer-related issues like faulty washing machines, undelivered parcels and fake designer goods. Over 50,000 of these were during November 2018, by far the busiest month for the consumer service.
FRC: Future of Corporate Reporting Survey (2 days to respond)14/11/2019 12:15:00
A reminder that the FRC’s Future of Corporate Reporting Survey closes on 15 November.
CIPD - The UK jobs machine continues to deliver despite Brexit uncertainty14/11/2019 11:40:00
UK employers continue to shrug off Brexit uncertainty with new hires