National Forest for Wales: stakeholder toolkit
A series of social media posts that you could share with your networks as we launch The Woodland Investment Grant (TWIG).
We are encouraging all our stakeholders to join the conversation as we launch The Woodland Investment Grant (TWIG) as part of the National Forest for Wales Programme – a connected network of forests which will span the length of Wales.
Below are a series of social media posts that you could share with your networks.
Please do make sure you tag us in any posts (@WGEnviroAgri @HeritageFundCYM @NatResWales) and use the hashtag #NationalForestWales.
- The Woodland Investment Grant – TWIG - will fund both new woodland creation and the enhancement and expansion of existing woodlands to meet National Forest outcomes. #NationalForestWales
- We want to enhance the quality of existing woodlands for people, making them more accessible, welcoming and fun places to visit. #NationalForestWales
- We want to support the enrichment of our woodland habitats, increasing biodiversity benefitting nature and the environment. #NationalForestWales
- We’re planting seeds for a greener Wales. Together we can create a national forest the length and breadth of Wales, protecting some of our ancient woodlands as well as creating new ones. #NationalForestWales
- Forests enrich our lives in so many ways. Our National Forest will inspire well-being through generating a love of the outdoors and facilitating the benefits of living in a wooded environment. #NationalForestWales
- Our National Forest is about more than just trees. It’s about playing a part in growing and sharing a future Wales that’s alive and thriving for generations to come. #NationalForestWales
Latest News from
Minister for Education and Welsh Language confirms appointments to the Qualifications Wales Board24/09/2021 11:05:00
The Minister for Education and Welsh Language, Jeremy Miles, has today announced two appointments to the Qualifications Wales Board.
Welsh Government to invest nearly £25m in four new digital scanners to cut waiting times and meet service demand23/09/2021 13:05:00
The Welsh Government will invest almost £25m in up to four new PET-CT scanners across Wales to improve access to this cutting edge diagnostic technology.
Welsh Government response to latest NHS Wales performance data23/09/2021 12:05:00
Welsh Government statement on the latest NHS Wales performance and activity data published today.
New plan for Stroke care announced for Wales23/09/2021 10:25:00
Health Minister Eluned Morgan has set out a long-term plan for how stroke services will improve in Wales.
Welsh Government support helping Caerphilly business relocate and safeguard jobs23/09/2021 09:10:00
Welsh Government support is helping a Caerphilly county borough-based business to future proof its operations by relocating and safeguarding jobs, Economy Minister Vaughan Gething has announced.
Veteran suicide figures to be recorded for the first time22/09/2021 14:31:00
A new method for recording veteran suicides in England and Wales has been announced today by the government.
Planning and historic environment law to be simplified as part of Welsh Government programme to make law more accessible22/09/2021 10:15:00
Mick Antoniw, the Welsh Government’s Counsel General, has launched a new programme to improve the accessibility of Welsh law.
Rural Affairs Minister sets out timeline for future farm support21/09/2021 16:15:00
Rural Affairs Minister Lesley Griffiths has outlined the next steps to introduce a new system of farm support which will reward farmers who take action to respond to the climate emergency and reverse the decline of biodiversity.
Substantial funding made available as key agricultural schemes extended21/09/2021 14:10:00
More than £66 million is being made available by the Welsh Government to continue delivering positive environmental outcomes for Wales, a key part of maximising the protective power of nature through farming.