10 Downing Street
Political Peerages 2024
The King has been graciously pleased to signify His intention of conferring Peerages of the United Kingdom for Life upon the undermentioned:
Nominations from the Leader of the Conservative & Unionist Party:
- Charles Banner KC – Barrister at Keating Chambers and interim chair of the Joint Nature Conservation Committee.
- Peter Booth – Design and Retailing businessman and National Chairman of the Conservative National Convention.
- Cllr John Fuller OBE – Leader of South Norfolk Council and Chairman of Brineflow Limited.
- Paul Goodman – Journalist and former MP for Wycombe. Former Shadow Minister for Communities and Local Government.
- Cllr James Jamieson – Councillor on Central Bedfordshire Council and Former Leader. Former Local Government Association Chairman.
- Stuart Marks CBE – Technology entrepreneur, philanthropist, and Senior Treasurer of the Conservative Party.
- Rosa Monckton MBE – Founder of Tiffany & Co in the UK, and of the learning disability charity Team Domenica.
- Franck Petitgas – Former President of Morgan Stanley International. Special Adviser to the Prime Minister on Business and Investment.
Nominations from the Leader of the Labour Party:
- John Hannett OBE – General Secretary of the Union of Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers and a member of ACAS.
- Ayesha Hazarika MBE – Political commentator and broadcaster. Former special adviser to Gordon Brown, Harriet Harman and Ed Miliband.
- Jane Ramsey – Chair of the Young Epilepsy. Formerly Senior Adviser on Standards and Ethics to the Labour Party.
- Gerald Shamash – Partner at Edwards Duthie Shamash’s Parliamentary, Electoral and Media Law practice and solicitor to the Labour Party.
Nominations from the Leader of the Plaid Cymru:
- Carmen Smith – Public Affairs Adviser. Former Chief of Staff for the Welsh Senedd group
Latest News from
10 Downing Street
Prime Minister announces Appointments Secretary13/08/2020 15:03:23
The Prime Minister has announced that he has appointed Mr Richard Tilbrook to be his Appointments Secretary.
PM to announce major innovation boost for farmers feeding the nation: 20 February 202420/02/2024 12:10:00
The Prime Minister will announce a major new package of support for rural communities to protect British farming for the next generation when he addresses the National Farmers Union annual conference in Birmingham.
AI Opportunity Forum holds first meeting16/02/2024 12:12:00
Technology Secretary Michelle Donelan and the Prime Minister’s Special Adviser on Business and Investment have co-chaired first meeting of AI Opportunity Forum.
PM meeting with 2024 Business Council15/02/2024 09:20:00
The Prime Minister welcomed his 2024 Business Council to Downing Street.
Build on brownfield now, Gove tells underperforming councils13/02/2024 10:12:10
Big city councils must prioritise brownfield development, building new homes in right places and protecting the Green Belt.
PM meeting with Taoiseach Varadkar of Ireland: 5 February 202405/02/2024 16:20:00
The Prime Minister and Taoiseach Leo Varadkar met at Parliament Buildings, Stormont, today.
2024 Business Council launched31/01/2024 11:15:00
The Prime Minister launches this year’s Business Council today (31st January) and will meet with members throughout the year to discuss economic growth.
Disposable vapes banned to protect children's health29/01/2024 11:20:00
Disposable vapes will be banned in the UK as part of ambitious government plans to tackle the rise in youth vaping and protect children’s health.