Ministry of Defence
United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV): our latest updates
Over recent months we have been working to review and update our guidance and information in relation to National Security Vetting.
We have updated our pages with the latest information and worked to make them clear and informative.
- the top 10 links at the top of our page provide quick access to the most commonly viewed guidance
- the flow of guidance has been revised to provide a step by step journey through the vetting process
- addition of 2 new pages; Existing clearance holders and Privacy and data protection.
We have also added the following new documents:
- a hints and tips document for how to log into your portal, including information on how to recover or reset your username, password and pin or unlock your account has been added to the guidance for subjects (applicants).
- a hints and tips document for completing your security questionnaire has also been added to the guidance for subjects (applicants). This document provides advice on how to complete some difficult sections of the form which we have identified as being a sticking point for users
- a guide for how to conduct a Vetting Status Information check via your sponsor portal has been added to the Guidance for sponsors section
- a sponsor hints and tips document has been added to the guidance for sponsors section.
Work is on-going and we will update our pages when necessary with the latest information.
Latest News from
Ministry of Defence
127 new employers awarded for supporting the armed forces community31/07/2020 10:15:00
The most supportive organisations for Britain’s Armed Forces such as Microsoft Ltd, Greater Manchester Police and the Post Office from both the private and public sectors were announced yesterday, 30 July 2020.
Office for Veterans' Affairs marks one year since creation30/07/2020 12:22:00
An opinion piece from Johnny Mercer, Minister for Defence People and Veterans, to mark one year since the establishment of the Office for Veterans' Affairs. The article was originally published by the Telegraph.
UK Troops reach training milestone ahead of UN Peacekeeping deployment to Mali30/07/2020 10:15:00
UK troops deploying to the United Nations Peacekeeping operation in Mali have reached a significant training milestone in preparation for their mission, which starts in December 2020.
Handover of Mobile Testing Units28/07/2020 10:15:00
Military support to the National Testing Programme will be handed over in coming weeks as the Department for Health and Social Care establishes a long-term plan to deliver Coronavirus tests.
Maximising talent through diversity and inclusion27/07/2020 10:15:00
Chiefs of Staff across defence have written a letter setting out their collective commitment to improve diversity and inclusion.
Gibraltar squadron to receive two cutting-edge Fast Patrol Craft27/07/2020 09:15:00
A £9.9 million contract has been signed with Merseyside-based Marine Specialised Technology (MST) for two new boats to replace the Gibraltar Squadron Fast Patrol Craft.
Scottish home for Poseidon fleet reaches major milestone24/07/2020 10:15:00
Facilities to house the Poseidon MRA Mk1 fleet have been handed over to Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S), marking a major milestone in the Poseidon programme.
UK and US militaries launch £800,000 International Space Pitch Day23/07/2020 10:15:00
Start-up tech companies and inventors will get the chance to pitch directly to UK and US military leaders for the $1-million investment to fast-track their ideas for cutting-edge Space innovations.