Ministry of Defence
United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV): our latest updates
Over recent months we have been working to review and update our guidance and information in relation to National Security Vetting.
We have updated our pages with the latest information and worked to make them clear and informative.
- the top 10 links at the top of our page provide quick access to the most commonly viewed guidance
- the flow of guidance has been revised to provide a step by step journey through the vetting process
- addition of 2 new pages; Existing clearance holders and Privacy and data protection.
We have also added the following new documents:
- a hints and tips document for how to log into your portal, including information on how to recover or reset your username, password and pin or unlock your account has been added to the guidance for subjects (applicants).
- a hints and tips document for completing your security questionnaire has also been added to the guidance for subjects (applicants). This document provides advice on how to complete some difficult sections of the form which we have identified as being a sticking point for users
- a guide for how to conduct a Vetting Status Information check via your sponsor portal has been added to the Guidance for sponsors section
- a sponsor hints and tips document has been added to the guidance for sponsors section.
Work is on-going and we will update our pages when necessary with the latest information.
Latest News from
Ministry of Defence
Turkish Defence Minister hosted on board HMS Prince of Wales09/04/2021 15:15:15
Defence Secretary Ben Wallace today hosted Turkish Defence Minister Hulusi Akar on board the UK’s aircraft carrier HMS Prince of Wales.
RAF clears Daesh stronghold in Iraq in support of an Iraqi Security Force operation08/04/2021 13:15:00
A Daesh stronghold in northern Iraq has been cleared as part of Operation Shader, the Ministry of Defence has announced today.
Army’s Solar Farms Support Commitment to Sustainability07/04/2021 13:10:00
The British Army will launch defence’s first photovoltaic solar farm at the Defence School of Transport.
UK and Qatar expand defence partnership06/04/2021 10:20:00
Defence Secretary Ben Wallace and his Qatari counterpart, HE Dr Khalid bin Mohamed Al Attiyah, have announced an expansion of the relationship between each nation’s air force.
Chief of Defence Staff IISS speech01/04/2021 12:15:00
General Sir Nick Carter GCB CBE DSO ADC Gen, Chief of Defence Staff's speech given recently (30 March 2021) as part of Defence Innovation Talks at International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS).
UK Carrier Strike Group to sail with Netherlands Frigate on 2021 deployment31/03/2021 16:25:00
The Netherlands will be fully integrated into the UK sovereign Carrier Strike Group’s maiden operational deployment later this year, Defence ministers have confirmed today.
Enhanced Learning Credits, Further and Higher Education scheme changes for veterans31/03/2021 11:15:00
Changes to the Enhanced Learning Credits, Further Education and Higher Education schemes come into effect from 30 March 2021.
Defence outlines greener future31/03/2021 10:15:00
The Ministry of Defence has published its roadmap to becoming more resilient and sustainable in the face of the immense challenge of global climate change.