Ministry of Defence
United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV): our latest updates
Over recent months we have been working to review and update our guidance and information in relation to National Security Vetting.
We have updated our pages with the latest information and worked to make them clear and informative.
- the top 10 links at the top of our page provide quick access to the most commonly viewed guidance
- the flow of guidance has been revised to provide a step by step journey through the vetting process
- addition of 2 new pages; Existing clearance holders and Privacy and data protection.
We have also added the following new documents:
- a hints and tips document for how to log into your portal, including information on how to recover or reset your username, password and pin or unlock your account has been added to the guidance for subjects (applicants).
- a hints and tips document for completing your security questionnaire has also been added to the guidance for subjects (applicants). This document provides advice on how to complete some difficult sections of the form which we have identified as being a sticking point for users
- a guide for how to conduct a Vetting Status Information check via your sponsor portal has been added to the Guidance for sponsors section
- a sponsor hints and tips document has been added to the guidance for sponsors section.
Work is on-going and we will update our pages when necessary with the latest information.
Latest News from
Ministry of Defence
Defence Secretary announces programme to replace the UK’s nuclear warhead26/02/2020 16:20:00
Defence Secretary Ben Wallace has announced the start of a new nuclear replacement warhead programme in Parliament.
Over 2,000 UK personnel deploy to Norway for major Arctic warfare exercise25/02/2020 15:15:15
Royal Marines, Royal Navy ships and an air group from Joint Helicopter Command will contribute to Exercise Cold Response 2020.
Veterans UK launches an improved website and looks to the future25/02/2020 12:15:00
The Veterans UK website has been completely redesigned, meaning you now have a better website with easier to find information about support services for veterans.
Visions for Strategic Command outlined during inaugural RUSI Conference20/02/2020 15:15:15
Defence leaders have laid out their vision for the UK’s new Strategic Command, putting cyber security and new technologies at the heart of the military.
Inaugural Strategic Command RUSI Conference20/02/2020 11:15:00
Exploring the vision, ambitions and challenges for Strategic Command (UKStratCom).
Military deploys to provide flood relief during Storm Dennis17/02/2020 12:15:00
British Army personnel have deployed to assist civil authorities with the provision of flood relief to local communities in West Yorkshire
Royal visit to meet patients and staff at Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre12/02/2020 12:33:00
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall along with Prince Williams and the Duchess of Cambridge met with patients and staff at Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre (DMRC) Stanford Hall.
£1m fund for innovative waste oils recycling technology revealed12/02/2020 10:15:00
Defence Minister unveils DASA and RAF contract winners to develop novel technique that could save money and help the environment