WiredGov Newswire (news from other organisations)
|Printable version||E-mail this to a friend|
Andrew Dilnot presents his report on social care at TUC seminar in London
Andrew Dilnot will present his report on the funding of social care at a TUC seminar in London on Monday (28 November).
Andrew Dilnot was chair of the Commission on Funding and Social Care that was launched in 2010, and which provided advice and recommendations to the government in July this year on how to reform the social care system.
Other speakers at the two-hour seminar at the TUC headquarters in London include UNISON Officer for Social Care Alison Roche and Director of the Centre for Citizen Participation at Brunel University Professor Peter Beresford.
The seminar will be chaired by Barbara Keeley MP, Parliamentary Private Secretary to Ed Balls MP and a member of the Health Committee, who has a special interest in social care.
The event will also be streamed live on the www.touchstoneblog.org.uk website, and questions can be submitted by email and Twitter.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- The seminar is free to attend and is from 12-2pm at Congress House, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LS. For more information please contact Jennifer Mann on email@example.com or on 020 7467 1222. You can register to attend online at www.tuc.org.uk/social/tuc-20219-f0.cfm/formbuilder/143/p/1
- For media accreditation to the seminar please contact the press office.
- You can submit questions and comments to the speakers by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and by Twitter using the hashtag #TUClive
- The report of the Commission is available at www.dilnotcommission.dh.gov.uk/files/2011/07/Fairer-Care-Funding-Report.pdf and the TUC's submission to the Commission is available at www.tuc.org.uk/social/tuc-19074-f0.pdf
- All TUC press releases can be found at www.tuc.org.uk
Liz Chinchen T: 020 7467 1248 M: 07778 158175 E: email@example.com
Rob Holdsworth T: 020 7467 1372 M: 07717 531150 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elly Gibson T: 020 7467 1337 M: 07900 910624 E: email@example.com