Ordnance Survey - English
|Printable version||E-mail this to a friend|
New Pan Government Agreement signed
Contracts for supplying a range of geographic information to central government for the next four years have been awarded to Ordnance Survey and its business partner, Landmark.
The Pan Government Agreement (PGA), managed by the Department for Communities and Local Government, provides almost 100 national bodies with access to core geographic information at an affordable price and under consistent licensing terms.
Mapping agency Ordnance Survey and Landmark in conjunction with Dotted Eyes will supply a wide range of mapping products:
• From Ordnance Survey: OS MasterMap Topography Layer, 1:10 000 Scale Raster, 1:25 000 Scale Colour Raster, 1:50 000 Scale Colour Raster, Meridian 2; 1:250 000 Scale Colour Raster, MiniScale, Strategi, OS MasterMap Integrated Transport Network (ITN) Layer Roads theme, OS MasterMap Integrated Transport Network (ITN) Layer Road Routing Information (RRI) theme, Boundary-Line, OS MasterMap Address Layer 2, 1:50 000 Scale Gazetteer.
• From Landmark and Dotted Eyes: MarkerMap; Dotted Eyes InterestMap.
Ordnance Survey Director General and Chief Executive Vanessa Lawrence CB says: “Having an understanding of ‘location’ and ‘place’ is vital to many key government functions – from national security to land registration.
“Together with the recently released UK Location Strategy entitled Place Matters: the Location Strategy for the United Kingdom, the new Pan Government Agreement will provide a strong platform to increase government’s use of geographic information for the benefit of the public.”
Contracts were awarded following a competitive-tendering process. The new PGA will include a broader range of products, including enhanced addressing, road routing and points of interest data.
James Brayshaw, Ordnance Survey Director responsible for the Agreement, says: “We are delighted to have been chosen, alongside our business partners Landmark and Dotted Eyes, to supply central government with a wide range of geographic data. I believe this reflects the enduring quality and consistency of our mapping and the level of service that we offer.”
PGA data supports a diverse range of applications, including monitoring agricultural payments, planning the digital television switch over, estate management and habitat mapping.
As well as licensing data on attractive terms designed to facilitate effective service delivery and data sharing, suppliers will also provide a range of support, including dedicated helpdesks, account management, newsletters and training. More information is available at www.iggi.gov.uk/pga2.php
Note to editors
Dotted Eyes is a registered trademark of Dotted Eyes Ltd. Landmark is a trademark of Landmark Information Group Ltd.Head of Corporate Communications - Rob Andrews
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (+44) 023 8079 2265
- Senior Communications & PR Officer - Paul Beauchamp
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (+44) 023 8079 2568
Press Office fax: (+44) 023 8030 5295