HM Revenue and Customs
|Printable version||E-mail this to a friend|
Tax authority begins online advice seminars
& Customs (HMRC) has begun a series of online
presentations or webinars giving help on tax to businesses and the
The presentations last approximately 30 minutes. There are two types – live webinars on set dates, which allow a further 30 minutes for live Q&A; and pre-recorded webinars, available round the clock.
The webinars will cover many different topics, including:
• Business expenses and capital allowances
• First steps as an employer
• The Construction Industry Scheme
• Self Assessment online
• Limited companies, an overview
• How VAT works
Colin Ford, head of the project, said:
“The webinars allow businesses and the self-employed to
participate in the live seminars and ask questions. If the dates
or times don’t suit, pre-recorded webinars will be accessible at
any time of day or night.
“It’s inevitable that some people find tax issues daunting, especially if they are setting out in business. The webinars are one of the many ways that HMRC aims to make tax as hassle free as possible. This suite of advice complements the guidance that is already available on the HMRC and Business Link websites.”
The webinars are free but users must register in advance.
Find more information and the webinar timetable at http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/press/online-advice.htm
Viewers using a PC need the following software to watch the webinars: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000. Those using a Macintosh need: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer.
Notes to Editors
1. A regularly-updated list of HMRC webinars can be seen at http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/press/online-advice.htm
2. The webinar platform supplier used by HMRC is CITRIX. Neither HMRC nor CITRIX will ask for or retain any information about people or businesses.
3. Further help is available on the HMRC YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/user/hmrcgovuk
4. Follow HMRC on Twitter @HMRCgovuk
HM Revenue & Customs Press Office