HM Land Registry
July 2017 Transaction Data
This data provides information about the number and types of applications that HM Land Registry completed in July 2017.
- HM Land Registry completed more than 1,619,100 applications
- the South East topped the table of regional applications with 380,869
- Birmingham topped the table of applications by local authority area with 25,360
The Transaction Data shows HM Land Registry completed 1,619,118 applications from its customers in July.This included 1,593,959 applications by account holders, of which:
- 382,789 were applications in respect of registered land (dealings);
- 757,541 were applications to obtain an official copy of a register or title plan;
- 216,998 were searches; and
- 82,797 were transactions for value
Applications by region
|Yorkshire and the Humber||123,051|
|England & Wales (not Assigned)||64|
|Isles of Scilly||64|
Top three local authority areas for applications
|Local authority areas||Applications|
|City of Westminster||21,645|
Top three customers for transactions for value
|Customer||Transactions for value|
|My Home Move Limited||1,876|
|Countrywide Property Lawyers||652|
Top three customers for searches
|Breeze & Wyles||6,799|
Notes to editors
- Transaction Data is published on the 15th working day of each month. The August Transaction Data will be published at 11am on Thursday 21 September 2017 at HM Land Registry Monthly Property Transaction Data.
- The monthly Transaction Data shows how many applications for first registrations, leases, transfers of part, dealings, official copies and searches lodged by HM Land Registry account customers were completed. For an explanation of the terms used, see abbreviations used in the transaction data.
- Transactions for value include freehold and leasehold sales.
- Most searches carried out by a solicitor or conveyancer are to protect the purchase and/or mortgage. For example, a search will give the buyer priority for an application to HM Land Registry to register the purchase of the property.
- As a government department established in 1862, executive agency and trading fund responsible to the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, HM Land Registry keeps and maintains the Land Register for England and Wales. The Land Register has been open to public inspection since 1990.
- With the largest transactional database of its kind detailing more than 24 million titles, HM Land Registry underpins the economy by safeguarding ownership of many billions of pounds worth of property.
- For further information about HM Land Registry visit www.gov.uk/land-registry
- Follow us on:
Press and PR Manager
1 Bedford Park
Telephone 0300 0067543
Mobile 07790 690297
Latest News from
HM Land Registry
HM Land Registry moves forward with digital conveyancing23/01/2018 16:05:00
Government approves changes to the rules that will enable future digital services.
December 2017 Transaction Data23/01/2018 09:10:05
This data provides information about the number and types of applications that HM Land Registry completed in December 2017.
Departmental contingent liability notification: HM Land Registry digital mortgage service19/01/2018 10:20:52
Written Ministerial Statement given yesterday to inform the House of a digital mortgage service to be launched later in 2018.
UK House Price Index for November 201717/01/2018 09:10:32
The UK House Price Index (UK HPI) shows house price changes for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.