HM Land Registry
UK House Price Index for October 2019
The UK HPI shows house price changes for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The October data shows:
- on average, house prices have fallen by 0.7% since September 2019
- there has been an annual price rise of 0.7%, which makes the average property in the UK valued at £232,944
In England the October data shows, on average, house prices have fallen by 0.7% since September 2019. The annual price rise of 0.5% takes the average property value to £248,939.
The regional data for England indicates that:
- Yorkshire and the Humber experienced the greatest monthly price rise, up by 0.9%
- the North East saw the most significant monthly price fall, down by 2.3%
- Yorkshire and the Humber experienced the greatest annual price rise, up by 3.2%
- London saw the largest annual price fall, down by 1.6%
Latest News from
HM Land Registry
UK House Price Index to return14/08/2020 15:20:00
HM Land Registry will resume publication of the UK House Price Index (UK HPI) on Wednesday (19 August).
Portal enhancement View My Applications now available to all users11/08/2020 15:20:00
The new service is now being rolled out to all portal users.
June 2020 Price Paid Data29/07/2020 11:10:00
HM Land Registry Price Paid Data tracks land and property sales in England and Wales submitted to us for registration.
HM Land Registry backs innovation and transparency with new data releases28/07/2020 15:20:00
Registered leases and Restrictive Covenants datasets are now available to download.
HM Land Registry to accept electronic signatures28/07/2020 11:10:00
Transfers of ownership of property, leases, mortgages and other property dealings can now be signed electronically, making it simpler and faster for people to move home.
June 2020 Transaction Data23/07/2020 15:20:00
This data provides information about the number and types of applications that HM Land Registry completed in June 2020.
A year of transformation, inclusion and continuity in crisis17/07/2020 11:10:00
HMRC yesterday launched thier Annual Report and Accounts 2019/20: Transforming in uncertainty.
INSPIRE data to be shared under open terms29/06/2020 11:10:00
HM Land Registry and Registers of Scotland are set to share their coveted INSPIRE spatial polygon datasets.