Annual information published on cost of NHS estate
The Estates Return Information Collection (ERIC), published yesterday by NHS Digital, provides information relating to the costs2 of providing, maintaining and servicing the NHS estate.
The data include national and local level information from the ERIC return, from all NHS Trusts in England that delivered secondary care and ambulance services, between 1 April 2016 and 31 March 2017.
Data was received in 2016/17 from 236 trusts, and 10 ambulance trusts. The data are being published a month early in September for the first time. As well as information at Trust and site level and on Trusts operating under a Private Finance Initiative (PFI) arrangement, the data report includes comparisons with the previous year at national level in key areas such as:
- Financial information
- Buildings - quality, function, area and utilisation of space
- Utilities - energy and water
- Car parking
- Inpatient food, laundry and linen, cleaning and portering services
The scope and content of the ERIC collection are reviewed annually to ensure that the information gathered is necessary for, and relevant to, monitoring efficiencies and the funding of the NHS estate.
Notes to editors
- NHS Digital is the national information and technology provider for the health and care system. Our team of information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend. During the 2015/16 financial year, NHS Digital published 294 statistical reports . Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to make health and care better.
- The collection does not include costs relating to the delivery of primary medical, dental or community care, unless those services are provided by staff based in premises owned or operated by secondary care providers. In this case, an element of those costs will be included, but not separately identified.
- For media enquiries or interview requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0300 30 33 888.
Latest News from
Obesity prevalence increases in reception age primary school children21/10/2017 07:05:00
The prevalence of obesity has risen for the second successive year from 9.3 per cent in 2015-16 to 9.6 per cent in 2016-17 for children in reception.
New information on mental health and maternity20/10/2017 12:15:00
Statistics on the use of mental health services by new and expectant mothers were published yesterday by NHS Digital.
New annual A&E statistics report published18/10/2017 09:15:00
The Hospital Accident and Emergency Activity, 2016-17 report combines data from NHS Digital's Hospital Episode Statistics and NHS England's A&E Attendances and Emergency Admissions Monthly Situation Reports in an extensive report into emergency care produced in collaboration by the two organisations.
Audit report on pregnancy in diabetes released13/10/2017 12:15:00
An audit report has been published measuring the quality of care and outcomes for women with pre-gestational diabetes who were pregnant in 2016.