Annual information published on cost of NHS estate
The Estates Return Information Collection (ERIC), published yesterday by NHS Digital, provides information relating to the costs2 of providing, maintaining and servicing the NHS estate.
The data include national and local level information from the ERIC return, from all NHS Trusts in England that delivered secondary care and ambulance services, between 1 April 2016 and 31 March 2017.
Data was received in 2016/17 from 236 trusts, and 10 ambulance trusts. The data are being published a month early in September for the first time. As well as information at Trust and site level and on Trusts operating under a Private Finance Initiative (PFI) arrangement, the data report includes comparisons with the previous year at national level in key areas such as:
- Financial information
- Buildings - quality, function, area and utilisation of space
- Utilities - energy and water
- Car parking
- Inpatient food, laundry and linen, cleaning and portering services
The scope and content of the ERIC collection are reviewed annually to ensure that the information gathered is necessary for, and relevant to, monitoring efficiencies and the funding of the NHS estate.
Notes to editors
- NHS Digital is the national information and technology provider for the health and care system. Our team of information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend. During the 2015/16 financial year, NHS Digital published 294 statistical reports . Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to make health and care better.
- The collection does not include costs relating to the delivery of primary medical, dental or community care, unless those services are provided by staff based in premises owned or operated by secondary care providers. In this case, an element of those costs will be included, but not separately identified.
- For media enquiries or interview requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0300 30 33 888.
Latest News from
Systems integration to boost NHS communication20/02/2018 11:15:00
NHS staff will be able to communicate with each other through better integrated systems, thanks to new plans announced by NHS Digital.
NHS Digital apps and wearables team hosts Swedish delegation16/02/2018 15:10:00
Representatives from Sweden's key health organisations visited NHS Digital this week to share knowledge and experience of the apps and digital healthcare landscape.
Emergency medicine consultant unveiled as new Chief Clinical Information Officer for Health and Care14/02/2018 09:15:00
NHS England and NHS Improvement yesterday announced that Dr Simon Eccles has been appointed as the new Chief Clinical Information Officer for Health and Care to spearhead NHS use of technology and data to drive improvements in patient care.
Healthcare UK promotes digital innovation at Arab Health in Dubai09/02/2018 12:18:00
'How digital technology can improve outcomes and efficiency' was the focus for Healthcare UK at the largest healthcare show in the Middle East.
Hospital admissions for drug-related mental and behavioural disorders fall by 12 per cent in a year08/02/2018 11:15:00
New NHS Digital data show that the hospital admissions2 for drug-related mental and behavioural disorders dropped by 12 per cent in a year, from 8,621 in 2015/16 to 7,545 in 2016/17.