Annual information published on cost of NHS estate
The Estates Return Information Collection (ERIC), published yesterday by NHS Digital, provides information relating to the costs2 of providing, maintaining and servicing the NHS estate.
The data include national and local level information from the ERIC return, from all NHS Trusts in England that delivered secondary care and ambulance services, between 1 April 2016 and 31 March 2017.
Data was received in 2016/17 from 236 trusts, and 10 ambulance trusts. The data are being published a month early in September for the first time. As well as information at Trust and site level and on Trusts operating under a Private Finance Initiative (PFI) arrangement, the data report includes comparisons with the previous year at national level in key areas such as:
- Financial information
- Buildings - quality, function, area and utilisation of space
- Utilities - energy and water
- Car parking
- Inpatient food, laundry and linen, cleaning and portering services
The scope and content of the ERIC collection are reviewed annually to ensure that the information gathered is necessary for, and relevant to, monitoring efficiencies and the funding of the NHS estate.
Notes to editors
- NHS Digital is the national information and technology provider for the health and care system. Our team of information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend. During the 2015/16 financial year, NHS Digital published 294 statistical reports . Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to make health and care better.
- The collection does not include costs relating to the delivery of primary medical, dental or community care, unless those services are provided by staff based in premises owned or operated by secondary care providers. In this case, an element of those costs will be included, but not separately identified.
- For media enquiries or interview requests, please contact email@example.com or telephone 0300 30 33 888.
Latest News from
NHS Digital publishes dementia and antipsychotic drug prescription data for first time15/12/2017 13:15:00
NHS Digital has published for the first-time data that shows the levels of prescribing antipsychotic drugs to dementia patients.
First primary care provider and third sector organisation go live with HSCN15/12/2017 11:15:00
The first primary care provider and third sector organisation have successfully connected to the new Health and Social Care Network (HSCN).
Household survey shows more men than women meet physical activity guidelines.14/12/2017 12:15:00
Nearly two thirds of men (66 per cent) met national aerobic activity guidelines in 2016 compared to 58 per cent of women, according to NHS Digital figures released yesterday.
Registered Blind and Partially Sighted Report Published08/12/2017 09:15:00
A report which includes the numbers of newly registered blind and partially sighted people in England during the 2016/17 financial year was published yesterday by NHS Digital.