Annual outpatients activity report published
The Hospital Outpatient Activity, 2016/17 report has been published yesterday by NHS Digital.
The figures include the number of outpatient appointments and attendances, as well as appointments where the patient did not attend over the past financial year, broken down by age and gender.
It is also possible to examine the changes in appointments and attendances over time in the statistics.
Other data included in the report are:
- First attendances by source of referral
- Figures on the number of cancelled appointments
- Areas of treatment specialities by attendance type
- Main treatment specialities by age and gender
- Interactive provider level analysis
Read the full report
Follow us on Twitter: @NHSDigital
Notes to editors
- NHS Digital is the national information and technology partner of the health and care system. Our team of information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend. During the 2016/17 financial year, NHS Digital published 292 statistical reports. Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to make health and care better.
- For media enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0300 30 33 888.
Latest News from
NHS Digital publishes dementia and antipsychotic drug prescription data for first time15/12/2017 13:15:00
NHS Digital has published for the first-time data that shows the levels of prescribing antipsychotic drugs to dementia patients.
First primary care provider and third sector organisation go live with HSCN15/12/2017 11:15:00
The first primary care provider and third sector organisation have successfully connected to the new Health and Social Care Network (HSCN).
Household survey shows more men than women meet physical activity guidelines.14/12/2017 12:15:00
Nearly two thirds of men (66 per cent) met national aerobic activity guidelines in 2016 compared to 58 per cent of women, according to NHS Digital figures released yesterday.
Registered Blind and Partially Sighted Report Published08/12/2017 09:15:00
A report which includes the numbers of newly registered blind and partially sighted people in England during the 2016/17 financial year was published yesterday by NHS Digital.