Annual outpatients activity report published
The Hospital Outpatient Activity, 2016/17 report has been published yesterday by NHS Digital.
The figures include the number of outpatient appointments and attendances, as well as appointments where the patient did not attend over the past financial year, broken down by age and gender.
It is also possible to examine the changes in appointments and attendances over time in the statistics.
Other data included in the report are:
- First attendances by source of referral
- Figures on the number of cancelled appointments
- Areas of treatment specialities by attendance type
- Main treatment specialities by age and gender
- Interactive provider level analysis
Read the full report
Follow us on Twitter: @NHSDigital
Notes to editors
- NHS Digital is the national information and technology partner of the health and care system. Our team of information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend. During the 2016/17 financial year, NHS Digital published 292 statistical reports. Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to make health and care better.
- For media enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0300 30 33 888.
Latest News from
NHS Digital apps and wearables team hosts Swedish delegation16/02/2018 15:10:00
Representatives from Sweden's key health organisations visited NHS Digital this week to share knowledge and experience of the apps and digital healthcare landscape.
Emergency medicine consultant unveiled as new Chief Clinical Information Officer for Health and Care14/02/2018 09:15:00
NHS England and NHS Improvement yesterday announced that Dr Simon Eccles has been appointed as the new Chief Clinical Information Officer for Health and Care to spearhead NHS use of technology and data to drive improvements in patient care.
Healthcare UK promotes digital innovation at Arab Health in Dubai09/02/2018 12:18:00
'How digital technology can improve outcomes and efficiency' was the focus for Healthcare UK at the largest healthcare show in the Middle East.
Hospital admissions for drug-related mental and behavioural disorders fall by 12 per cent in a year08/02/2018 11:15:00
New NHS Digital data show that the hospital admissions2 for drug-related mental and behavioural disorders dropped by 12 per cent in a year, from 8,621 in 2015/16 to 7,545 in 2016/17.