Digital technology for healthcare: apply for funding
Up to £8 million is on offer for UK businesses to work on innovation projects that tackle the biggest healthcare challenges.
To support a growing, ageing population, Innovate UK is making up to £8 million available to UK businesses to develop new and novel digital healthcare solutions.
This competition is being run under the digital health technology catalyst, which is part of the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund. The aim is to support the development of digital health products that meet NHS needs. It is a new £35 million funding programme over 4 years.
Impacting delivery and patient outcomes
Digital health promises to have a profound impact on the approach, delivery and administration of healthcare, for the benefit of patients.
We are seeking feasibility or development projects that advance digital health or digitally-enabled medical technologies. These should:
- improve patient outcomes, such as through better clinical decision-making and supporting them to manage their own care
- offer new approaches to healthcare that transform its delivery
- reduce the demand on the health system, make it more efficient and create savings
- the competition opens on 31 July 2017, and the deadline for registrations is 4 October 2017
- feasibility studies can range from £50,000 to £75,000 and last up to one year
- industrial research and experimental development projects can range from 500,000 to £1 million and last up to 3 years
- you can work alone or in collaboration with other organisations, but projects must be led by a UK-based SME
- you could get up to 70% of your eligible project costs
- projects must start by 1 February 2018
Latest News from
Tackling drug resistance: UK-China funding competition announced17/08/2017 09:10:00
A new competition for 2018 will make up to £10 million available to UK organisations to work with Chinese partners.
UK spectroscopy firm bought for £40 million14/08/2017 16:15:00
Acquisition of Cobalt Light Systems follows support from Innovate UK to develop airport bottle screener for liquid explosives.
Innovate 2017: tickets available to UK’s biggest innovation event14/08/2017 14:20:00
Come and find out about the future of industry and meet with other entrepreneurs, investors and business experts.
Reducing the use of animals in research: apply for SBRI funding07/08/2017 09:05:00
Up to £2.3 million is available to UK SMEs across 3 challenges to replace, refine and reduce the use of animals.