Game-changing technologies for aerospace: apply for funding
Organisations can apply for a share of £150 million available this year for projects that will help to make the UK civil aerospace industry more competitive.
The Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI), Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and Innovate UK are inviting organisations to come forward with game-changing ideas in civil aerospace.
This is done through the UK Aerospace Research and Technology Programme, a £3.9 billion joint government and industry investment in projects that will make the UK more competitive in civil aerospace.
There is around £150 million available each year to support the best ideas. This is one of a series of regular calls for projects.
Businesses and researchers can put forward expressions of interest to carry out innovative projects. The best ideas will be invited to apply for funding.
Ideas must deliver UK aerospace strategy
We are looking for projects that help the UK to meet its technology strategy for aerospace.
Priority areas include:
- strengthening the UK’s whole-aircraft design and system integration capability for future generations of civil aircraft
- developing smart, connected and more electric aircraft
- ensuring the UK is a global leader in large complex structures, particularly wings
- advancing more efficient propulsion technologies, particularly large turbofans
- the competition opens for expressions of interest on 6 August 2018, and the deadline is midday on 22 August 2018
- successful applicants will be invited to make a full funding application. The approval process typically takes at least 6 months
- organisations can work alone or in partnership with other businesses and researchers
- project costs and duration should be in proportion to the objectives
- businesses could attract up to 70% of their project costs
- you will need to sign up to the ATI framework agreement to be eligible to apply
Latest News from
Using new technology to monitor house building: apply for funding16/07/2019 09:10:00
Organisations can apply for a share of £1.25 million to devise new ways to monitor house building using satellite imagery and council and other data.
Innovation Loans for SMEs: apply for funding09/07/2019 13:20:00
Organisations can apply for a share of £10 million to work on highly innovative, late stage projects.
Nanoco: developing new techniques to detect and treat cancer09/07/2019 09:15:00
Nanoco is using expertise in nanomaterials for use in displays and lighting to develop better ways of detecting and treating deadly forms of cancer.
Next generation services Innovation Lab: apply for funding03/07/2019 10:20:00
Individuals can apply to take part in a 3-day residential Innovation Lab on behalf of their organisation to develop responsible data access or sharing methods.
Ingenious innovations to help transform UK farming01/07/2019 09:10:00
New technologies are set to help UK farmers cut down on pollution, minimise waste and produce more food.
ENGIE partners with Innovate UK to fund pioneering energy projects20/06/2019 09:10:00
Innovate UK has teamed up with ENGIE to seek out and fund innovative projects that can speed up the development of a sustainable energy transition.
Partner with Singapore on disruptive projects: apply for funding18/06/2019 09:10:00
Organisations can apply for a share of £1 million to work with Singaporean companies.
New £153 million programme to commercialise UK’s quantum tech14/06/2019 12:25:00
£153 million Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund funding, alongside £205 million from industry, will support commercialisation of quantum technologies.