Have questions about Defence Innovation Loans? Talk to our experts
Your chance to speak to the DASA Team behind Defence Innovation Loans.
If you are undecided on Defence Innovation Loans, or want to learn more, we have the thing for you. A virtual event called Defence Innovation Loans: Your questions answered. We want to answer all of your burning questions, so we are inviting you to talk directly to the experts.
What will be covered in the event?
- What DASA does and how Defence Innovation Loans work
- Who can apply – is your business and innovation eligible ?
- What you can borrow – amounts and eligible cost
- Understanding the project and loan periods and terms - an explanation of the costs and how the loan works
- How to apply – including top tips
Date and time: 3 August 2021, 11:00 – 11:40 BST
Don’t miss out! This is your chance to ask the experts everything you need to know about defence Innovation Loans so you can quickly commercialise your defence product.
Why Defence innovation Loans?
- Loans of up to £1.6m for SMEs
- You can apply for a loan between £250,000 and £1.6 million.
- Below market interest rate of 7.4%
- Accessible to SMEs, and with a below market interest rate of 7.4% per annum
- Focused on commercialising you innovation
- Your innovation must be mature at TRL 6 or above, to ensure the solution can be commercialised within the time scale of the Innovation Loan.
For more on Defence Innovation Loans, watch the videos below:
Defence Innovation Loans: An introduction
Defence Innovation Loans: Everything you need to know
Latest News from
Business Secretary appoints 6 new non-executive directors to UK Research and Innovation board27/09/2021 09:12:00
Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng has confirmed the appointment of 6 new non-executive directors to the board of UKRI.
World’s first green submarine among winners of the UK’s biggest clean maritime competition15/09/2021 12:22:00
Winners of clean maritime competition announced as the UK's greenest cruise terminal opens in Southampton.
Five UK companies have progressed through to the next phase of a £5.5 million radioactive waste segregation competition.14/09/2021 10:12:00
The ‘Sort & Seg’ innovation competition, launched in July 2020, set the challenge of finding ways to sort and segregate mixed radioactive waste at some of the UK’s oldest nuclear sites.
Cycle 2 of Defence Innovation Loans now open12/08/2021 10:15:00
Loans up to £1.6m available. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to commercialise your defence solution
Introducing Defence Innovation Loans! Helping you make your Defence Innovation market ready24/06/2021 12:27:00
Calling all defence SMEs – loans of up to £1.6m available to help convert your mature defence innovation into a strong business proposition for defence procurement.
Business Secretary appoints Indro Mukerjee as new Innovate UK CEO06/05/2021 14:22:00
Indro Mukerjee appointed as new CEO of Innovate UK to help develop the UK's innovation capability and drive investment in research and development.
£20 million fund to propel green shipbuilding launched23/03/2021 09:10:00
Government invests £20 million to develop innovative zero emission vessels and clean port infrastructure.
Dstl and DASA speaking at Innovate Local26/02/2021 14:12:00
Dstl and DASA will be speaking at Innovate Local: Southern Pioneers on 8 to 9 March 2021.