Government Digital Service (GDS)
Submit an innovation challenge for the GovTech Catalyst round 3
Public sector organisations can submit service delivery and operational challenges for the next GovTech Catalyst competitions from now until 12 November.
The GovTech Catalyst matches complex public sector problems with private sector innovators via competitions for research and development funding.
GovTech Catalyst competitions help the public sector identify and work with cutting edge technology firms. The competitions use the Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) process, supported by Innovate UK.
Any UK public sector body can submit a challenge, including those in devolved administrations and at the local level.
Round 3 is now open. Challenges can be submitted until 12 November. Read more about how to submit a challenge and the challenge selection criteria.
Round 3 competitions and phase 1 implementation are planned to run from 4 March.
Examples of previous challenges
The challenges selected in round 2 were:
- How might we improve firefighter safety and operational response?
- How might we make better use of data to guide public sector audits?
- How might we automatically detect and identify illicit goods during the journey across the border without impacting fluidity of trade?
- How might we understand the overlaps between business regulations?
- How might we guarantee prescription continuity while people move between care providers?
The challenges selected in round 1 were:
- How might we identify, analyse and catalogue still images that are posted online?
- How might we combat loneliness by helping our communities to help each other, connecting physical and digital worlds, in a digitally and transport deprived area?
- How might we use emerging technologies to improve the tracking of waste?
- How might we tackle traffic congestion using data and emerging technologies?
- How might we use intelligent data to transform local council service delivery?
Find out more
Contact the GovTech Catalyst team at email@example.com.
You can also join the GovTech community mailing list.
Latest News from
Government Digital Service (GDS)
Round 3 GovTech Catalyst challenges announced today22/01/2019 14:10:00
Tech firms can pitch innovative solutions to these crowdsourced public sector challenges. Winning firms will get up to £50,000 to build prototypes.
How to set up your own GovTech Catalyst18/12/2018 10:25:00
Blog posted by: Kay Dale - Service designer, 17 December 2018 – Categories: GovTech, Ways of working.
Apply for the new Emerging Technology Development Programme13/12/2018 13:25:00
Blog posted by: GDS Academy Team, 12 December 2018 – Categories: People and skills, Technology.
A GDS Story 201807/12/2018 15:20:00
This is one part of 'A GDS story', an attempt to answer common question we’re asked such as “how did it all start in the first place?” and “How did you get where you are now?”
Podcast: Find out about the GDS Women’s Network04/12/2018 13:37:00
Blog posted by: GDS team, 3 December 2018 – Categories: GDS team, People and skills.
Breaking down barriers to digital career progression30/11/2018 10:43:00
Blog posted by: Kevin Cunnington, GDS director general and Tia Priest, GDS Diversity and Inclusion Manager, 29 November 2018 – Categories: GDS team, People and skills.
Public sector website accessibility statements - what you need to know22/11/2018 16:33:00
Blog posted by: Anthony Ilona, Policy engagement manager, 21 November 2018 – Categories: Accessibility.
We're redesigning cross-government content learning16/11/2018 16:25:00
Blog posted by: Laura Billings, 16 November 2018 – Categories: Content design.