Government Digital Service (GDS)
Submit an innovation challenge for the GovTech Catalyst round 3
Public sector organisations can submit service delivery and operational challenges for the next GovTech Catalyst competitions from now until 12 November.
The GovTech Catalyst matches complex public sector problems with private sector innovators via competitions for research and development funding.
GovTech Catalyst competitions help the public sector identify and work with cutting edge technology firms. The competitions use the Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) process, supported by Innovate UK.
Any UK public sector body can submit a challenge, including those in devolved administrations and at the local level.
Round 3 is now open. Challenges can be submitted until 12 November. Read more about how to submit a challenge and the challenge selection criteria.
Round 3 competitions and phase 1 implementation are planned to run from 4 March.
Examples of previous challenges
The challenges selected in round 2 were:
- How might we improve firefighter safety and operational response?
- How might we make better use of data to guide public sector audits?
- How might we automatically detect and identify illicit goods during the journey across the border without impacting fluidity of trade?
- How might we understand the overlaps between business regulations?
- How might we guarantee prescription continuity while people move between care providers?
The challenges selected in round 1 were:
- How might we identify, analyse and catalogue still images that are posted online?
- How might we combat loneliness by helping our communities to help each other, connecting physical and digital worlds, in a digitally and transport deprived area?
- How might we use emerging technologies to improve the tracking of waste?
- How might we tackle traffic congestion using data and emerging technologies?
- How might we use intelligent data to transform local council service delivery?
Find out more
Contact the GovTech Catalyst team at email@example.com.
You can also join the GovTech community mailing list.
Latest News from
Government Digital Service (GDS)
Keeping GOV.UK Verify secure from identity crime and fraud18/04/2019 12:10:00
Blog posted by: Identity Standards and Fraud Team at GDS, 17 April 2019 – Categories: GOV.UK Verify and identity assurance.
Podcast: How has digital changed public sector organisations?28/03/2019 15:25:00
Blog posted by: GDS team, 28 March 2019 – Categories: Podcast, Transformation.
Understanding all the barriers service users might face27/03/2019 09:25:00
Blog posted by: Ben Carpenter, Inclusive services lead, 26 March 2019 – Categories: Service design, Transformation.
Taking Sprint around the UK in 201926/03/2019 15:15:15
Blog posted by: Kevin Cunnington – GDS director general, 22 March 2019 – Categories: Sprint 19.
The future of digital identity26/03/2019 13:25:00
Blog posted by: Lisa Barrett, 25 March 2019 – Categories: GOV.UK Verify and identity assurance.
Taking Sprint around the UK in 201922/03/2019 15:10:00
Sprint is GDS’s flagship event. It brings together people working across government to learn more about how digital transformation is improving people's lives.
The Global Digital Marketplace: multi-supplier delivery and what we’ve learned so far20/03/2019 12:25:00
Blog posted by: Chantal Donaldson-Foyer and Thomas Hall, 19 March 2019 – Categories: Global Digital Marketplace, Ways of working.
Learn more about the new mentoring scheme from the GDS Women’s Network08/03/2019 16:47:00
Blog posted by: Katherine Stevens – Senior developer and Ciara Davey – Senior user researcher, 8 March 2019 – Categories: GDS team, People and skills.