Government Digital Service (GDS)
Submit an innovation challenge for the GovTech Catalyst round 3
Public sector organisations can submit service delivery and operational challenges for the next GovTech Catalyst competitions from now until 12 November.
The GovTech Catalyst matches complex public sector problems with private sector innovators via competitions for research and development funding.
GovTech Catalyst competitions help the public sector identify and work with cutting edge technology firms. The competitions use the Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) process, supported by Innovate UK.
Any UK public sector body can submit a challenge, including those in devolved administrations and at the local level.
Round 3 is now open. Challenges can be submitted until 12 November. Read more about how to submit a challenge and the challenge selection criteria.
Round 3 competitions and phase 1 implementation are planned to run from 4 March.
Examples of previous challenges
The challenges selected in round 2 were:
- How might we improve firefighter safety and operational response?
- How might we make better use of data to guide public sector audits?
- How might we automatically detect and identify illicit goods during the journey across the border without impacting fluidity of trade?
- How might we understand the overlaps between business regulations?
- How might we guarantee prescription continuity while people move between care providers?
The challenges selected in round 1 were:
- How might we identify, analyse and catalogue still images that are posted online?
- How might we combat loneliness by helping our communities to help each other, connecting physical and digital worlds, in a digitally and transport deprived area?
- How might we use emerging technologies to improve the tracking of waste?
- How might we tackle traffic congestion using data and emerging technologies?
- How might we use intelligent data to transform local council service delivery?
Find out more
Contact the GovTech Catalyst team at email@example.com.
You can also join the GovTech community mailing list.
Latest News from
Government Digital Service (GDS)
How we’re developing an innovation strategy for government12/11/2018 14:25:00
Blog posted by: Izzy Watson, 9 November 2018 – Categories: Digital, GovTech.
GOV.UK Notify wins Civil Service Operational Excellence Award12/11/2018 12:25:00
The team that runs GOV.UK Notify, GDS’s notifications platform used across the public sector, has won the Operational Excellence Award in this year’s Civil Service Awards.
Digital Marketplace turns 4: what we've achieved09/11/2018 14:33:00
Blog posted by: Warren Smith, 6 November 2018 – Categories: Digital Marketplace.
Take part in the first Services Week02/11/2018 15:20:00
Blog posted by: Martin Jordan, 2 November 2018 – Categories: Events, Service design, Service standard, Services Programme.
Digital transformation: from cinema to government29/10/2018 16:15:00
Blog posted by: Fiona Deans, 26 October 2018 – Categories: GDS team, Transformation.
GDS Academy: Expanding our international reach with the Canadian government23/10/2018 11:10:00
Blog posted by: Beverley Smith, 22 October 2018 – Categories: People and skills, Ways of working.
Building a better GOV.UK, step by step18/10/2018 12:25:00
Blog posted by: Sam Dub and Gabrielle Acosta, 17 October 2018 – Categories: Content design, GOV.UK, Service design, Services Programme, Style, content and design.
Taking GOV.UK Verify to the next stage12/10/2018 14:10:00
Blog posted by: Kevin Cunnington, 11 October 2018 – Categories: Digital, GDS team, GOV.UK Verify and identity assurance, Government as a Platform, Transformation