Government Digital Service (GDS)
Submit an innovation challenge for the GovTech Catalyst round 3
Public sector organisations can submit service delivery and operational challenges for the next GovTech Catalyst competitions from now until 12 November.
The GovTech Catalyst matches complex public sector problems with private sector innovators via competitions for research and development funding.
GovTech Catalyst competitions help the public sector identify and work with cutting edge technology firms. The competitions use the Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) process, supported by Innovate UK.
Any UK public sector body can submit a challenge, including those in devolved administrations and at the local level.
Round 3 is now open. Challenges can be submitted until 12 November. Read more about how to submit a challenge and the challenge selection criteria.
Round 3 competitions and phase 1 implementation are planned to run from 4 March.
Examples of previous challenges
The challenges selected in round 2 were:
- How might we improve firefighter safety and operational response?
- How might we make better use of data to guide public sector audits?
- How might we automatically detect and identify illicit goods during the journey across the border without impacting fluidity of trade?
- How might we understand the overlaps between business regulations?
- How might we guarantee prescription continuity while people move between care providers?
The challenges selected in round 1 were:
- How might we identify, analyse and catalogue still images that are posted online?
- How might we combat loneliness by helping our communities to help each other, connecting physical and digital worlds, in a digitally and transport deprived area?
- How might we use emerging technologies to improve the tracking of waste?
- How might we tackle traffic congestion using data and emerging technologies?
- How might we use intelligent data to transform local council service delivery?
Find out more
Contact the GovTech Catalyst team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also join the GovTech community mailing list.
Latest News from
Government Digital Service (GDS)
As social media changes, so does GDS’s Playbook21/09/2020 15:20:00
Blog posted by: Vanessa Schneider, 21 September 2020 – Categories: Accessibility, Content design, GDS team, People and skills.
Developers lead cross-government collaboration on GOV.UK Notify18/09/2020 14:10:00
Blog posted by: Liz Catherall, Delivery Manager, Department for International Trade, 18 September 2020 – Categories: GOV.UK Notify, Ways of working.
Leading the digital, data and technology (DDaT) response to coronavirus15/09/2020 13:10:00
The UK government’s rapid digital response to coronavirus (COVID-19) was a result of 10 years of investment in people, governance and technology. The ability to respond quickly and effectively was a result of the existing digital leadership and processes that already existed thanks to the work of the Government Digital Service (GDS).
Promoting gender equality and social inclusion through public procurement10/09/2020 16:20:00
Blog posted by: Iain Boyd, Sabrina Martin, Connie McKimm and Scarlet George, 10 September 2020 – Categories: Global Digital Marketplace.
How we built and ran ‘Introduction to content design’, and how to sign up08/09/2020 15:20:00
Blog posted by: Agnieszka Murdoch, 08 September 2020 – Categories: Content design, People and skills.
Can GOV.UK Notify help the public sector write better emails, text messages and letters?19/08/2020 14:10:00
Blog posted by: Karl Chillmaid, 18 August 2020 – Categories: GOV.UK Notify, User research.
Podcast: The DDaT Fast Stream at GDS30/07/2020 15:20:00
Blog posted by: GDS team, 30 July 2020 – Categories: Digital, Data and Technology, People and skills, Podcast.
Larger, Better, Faster, Stronger: GOV.UK Pay’s progress in the last year15/07/2020 13:10:00
Blog posted by: GOV.UK Pay team, 14 July 2020 – Categories: GOV.UK Pay.